Reactive or Post Viral Arthritis

Options
mandingo
mandingo Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Mar 2010, 09:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello to everyone. This is my first time posting on this site. I have just been diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis. It was a shock as it started with my left foot and is now in all of my joints, neck and my right side. I have had it now for two weeks, am taking co-codamol and naproxen. They are dulling the pain, however I still cannot walk even to my local shop which is just a few yards away and everday tasks are extremely difficult, some impossible to do. Has anyone had any experience with this? I has floored me so suddenly and I wonder how long it might last! :shock:

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mandingo

A warm welcome from me.

Sorry that you are suffering, at the moment, but do hope things will get better for you.

Lynn has explained the Forums to you, and as she has said you will be welcome wherever you go.

The people on here are very nice and we try and support one another.

Hope to see you posting soon.

Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mandingo wrote:
    Hello to everyone. This is my first time posting on this site. I have just been diagnosed with Reactive Arth :shock:[/quothi can not help but wanted to say hi and do hope the meds help if not go back there r lots of others they can try so do not worry they will find the best for you and things will be much better. i am on two different ones at the moment as well as pain meds when needed. had to stop one of the meds and had awfull week did not realise how much they were helping . so you will get there but do not forget go back if not working some of the meds take weeks to kick in and they will have told you if this is the case
    val