Locked Finger

Options
breane
breane Member Posts: 392
edited 29. Mar 2010, 11:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,Has anyone else has a finger where it locks in the bent position? :( For several days my little finger locks bent when holding anything like a fork,book,bag etc and I have to click it straight again.It seems to be the first joint on the finger just below the nail and no other fingers are affected. Breane. :)

Comments

• barbara01
    barbara01 Member Posts: 85
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Breane
    Yes I've had this its called a trigger finger, something to do with inflammed tendons..... my rheumy injected the tendon along the palm of my hand with steroid and it released it..hasn't come back and that was over a year ago...hope this helps.

Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Breane,

My ring finger used to lock bent and I had to ease it back like you but since being on Mtx it's stopped happening.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi Brean
    Yes it is trigger finger, my husband has just had a operation to correct his trigger thumb were they cut open just below the finger or thumb and sort out the tendons and hey presto fixed. He had a local aneastetic and the op only takes about 5 minutes or so.
    Denise.x
  • fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    Options
    I have a similar thing atm. The finger locks but then springs up a second or so after my brain has thought about it. if you know what I mean.
    Went to the docs and apparently it's NOT trigger finger (in my case), but probably due to more deterioration of the finger joints. Appt with RA dept next month to see what they can do.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    I've had that in fingers on both hands but a higher dosage
    of methotrexate or (possibly) humira stabs seem to have
    stopped it. It was a bit of a bugger holding paintbrushes
    for watercolour paintings and typing these messages.