Indian head massage and Iridology

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 30. Mar 2010, 17:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to a Holistic fair yesrurday. I go every year and get treatment. The taster sessions are £5 and there are various treatments on offer like reiki,hand massage, reflexoligy,chrystal theropy etc. The taster is for 20mins. I decided this year to go for an indian head massage and it really worked wonders. I was exhausted have been for a few weeks and sleeping more than usual. This treatment woke me up and wa so relaxing. :D
I also had my eyes photographed and a trained Iridologist looked at my eyes and told me the types of things i had inhearited from my family and what i had the potential to get. She was spot on about my medical problems and told me what foods i did not eat enough of spot on there also and told me to seriously look at my diet.
The things she said id either get or got was excema, artheritis, digestive problems, all these i have got. She said diabeties was in the family very true and i with my likeing of sugar was likely to get this in future if i did not seriously look at my diet. I must admit im terrible with sugar. has anyone else tryed this. I really enjoyed my day and felt better for going joanne
Joanne

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne, sounds like you had an enjoyable and interesting time. Amazing what someone can tell from the eyes. I have had massages before - wonderful. I also believe some work place (in affluent times) pay for their employees to have them at work ...!! Sadly not schools!!

Perhaps you should treat yourself to an Indian head massage once in awhile or persuade a friend or member of your family to go on a course and learn how to do them!!

Hope the affects last awhile.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    They do holistic treatments at the collage i go to. The treatments are cheaper because they are learning. I maydo it there. joanne
    Joanne
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I've never had the head massage, but I had a Hatha Yoga
    teacher once, at evening classes and she did that as a separate treatment. She was very calm and soothing person, I can imagine she was good. Anything is worth a try, you never know! Its suppossed to relax you.
    Love Sue
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I used to have reflexology and it was amazing, just what the person could tell you, right down to what sort of food you had had the day before. I remember being totally out of my body and watching myself on the couch, having the treatment. The next thing, the lady said, "are you back with us now"? :shock: It certainly relieved some symptoms at the time and usually I went home, had lots of water to drink and went to bed for a while. I would recommend it to anyone. Not tried any other holistic treatments though, but I would do.

xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • suncatcher
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    I used to have reflexology and it was amazing, just what the person could tell you, right down to what sort of food you had had the day before. I remember being totally out of my body and watching myself on the couch, having the treatment. The next thing, the lady said, "are you back with us now"? :shock: It certainly relieved some symptoms at the time and usually I went home, had lots of water to drink and went to bed for a while. I would recommend it to anyone. Not tried any other holistic treatments though, but I would do.

xx Bubbles

Ive had reflexoligy before and they were spot on. I found it relaxing joanne
    Joanne