so many people

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 29. Mar 2010, 15:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi just been looking how many people have joined this forum and its surprising :o just goes to show just how common arthritis is, and how we all suffer in different ways, since i was told that i had OA i read as much as i can about it, it even says that it is one the most common forms of arthritis, thanks Arthur but i suppose as that song goes " always look on the bright side of life " i wonder if they will ever find out what causes it? they used to think it was something that only effect the elderly but clearly by this forum thats not true, i think there is still a lot of people that don't know anything about what we all have to put up with, i must be honest if your got mobility issues you see things from a different angle especially when your flying with different airlines as i have done over the last year or so, i can think one airline who cant do enough for you and others treat you as an idiot, i think we need to strap all the ones that can do the things we cant in wheel chairs and let them see what life like for us. :):)
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    all so true :!:

funnily enough I was just looking at that too!...and the number of topics there have been.
    it is great to have links to other folks with arther on the forum.....it has really made a big difference to me.

think it's a great idea to strap people who are intolerant of folks with a disability into wheelchairs to see how they cope with the experience. :lol::lol:

iris x
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    all so true :!:

funnily enough I was just looking at that too!...and the number of topics there have been.
    it is great to have links to other folks with arther on the forum.....it has really made a big difference to me.

think it's a great idea to strap people who are intolerant of folks with a disability into wheelchairs to see how they cope with the experience. :lol::lol:

iris x
    fed up with these people who dont understand what we have to put up with, something to keep in mind next time someone walks across right in front of our scooters etc, no manners today some people
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Im newly diagnosed and Ive had leaflets given to me left right and center but this is by far the best place to go to find out about my OA. Ive learnt so much just by reading threads posted on here and realised that most of the things I am going through are quite normal (if that makes sense). Ive found a lot of the information on here isn't told about in leaflets and people therefore don't understand how bad it can be...

Ive had my husband look at this website so he can get a better understanding of how I cope and what I go through. Whilst he's a wonderful man who supports me no end, its been eye-opening for him too.

This site is brilliant, as are the people who make it so and I don't know where Id be without it.

Caroline x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Caroline, I have found this forum & the lovely people with such helpful words & advice absolutely invaluable this last year. I don't get here as much lately & have a bit of a negative result from a recent op so don't like posting about myself anymore as I don't want to scare anyone. (My result is extremely rare though!)
    Dorcus is an absolute legend here! She is a real champion for her battle to stay in work & is also so helpful with advice on this matter.
    love Pennie X
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi Pennie,
    Im starting to recognise quite a few people and Ive found everyone really helpful. Even when I haven't necessarily posted, Ive read about other people's problems and found similarities which have helped me too.

My husband is great and he never ever complains and will always listen when I have a moan or give me a gentle hug when I need one, but theres nothing like hearing from other people going through the same things and obviously I don't want to keep moaning at him as he's so good I hate to burden him (he worries about me which is sweet and I love him for that)

Id recommend this site to anyone suffering or even those supporting sufferers, its a wonderful site and really informative.
    Im sorry to hear you went through a rough time and hope it gets easier for you. I have such a new look on life and have so much more patience for those around me which I will admit before I sometimes didnt :oops:

I appreciate everyone and everything around me and especially those on here who share their lives to help those who need help and advice.

Caroline xx