Jumping Posts .....is it me?

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 31. Mar 2010, 03:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but for the last three days I've been having difficulties when Replying to a Post or sending a PM. When I type a message which goes beyond the window the type keeps jumping back to the limitations of the window. So I'm having to type 'blind' once I'm below the base line .....if you see what I mean. Also on the bottom left of my PC it says 'Error on page'.

I now have to type in a 'Word' document and then copy and paste but then I can't use the emoticons..... well I can but it gets quite time consuming.

I've put a post on the Technical Support Forum to see if it can be put right but just wondered if I'm the only one it's happening to.

Of course they could be trying to tell me I talk too much :roll: :oops:

Luv Legs :|
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Legs same happens to me sometimes don't know why though sorry, keep forgetting what i have typed sometimes as it disapears :roll:

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • lindalegs
    Does this mean I'm limited to two paragraphs then :? :shock: :shock: ......I don't think I can cope with saying so little :|

Luv Legs :(
    Love, Legs x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    have you asked on the technical help thread? I seem to think that clearing the browsing history helps with this but not sure .... I know there are instructions on how to do it on there ...... hope that helps
  • lindalegs
    Might it be to do with the fact I've downloaded 'Internet Explorer 8' recently ....or was it 9...... whichever, it was the updated version ?
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    have you asked on the technical help thread? I seem to think that clearing the browsing history helps with this but not sure .... I know there are instructions on how to do it on there ...... hope that helps

I've put a post on that thread too Wonky ...don't know how to clear browser history ...bit too technical for me :|

Thanks XX
    Love, Legs x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    lindalegs wrote:
    Wonkylegs wrote:

I've put a post on that thread too Wonky ...don't know how to clear browser history ...bit too technical for me :|

Thanks XX

found a thread on the technical bit with a similar problem and bumped it up to the top.

hope that might help
  • lindalegs
    Thanks for that Wonky, it appears to have worked.

For all of you who have the same problem try Rehab's solution below which he suggested when replying to Chris, :

Reply from rehab :: Its a compatibility problem Go to tools above, click and scroll down till you see compatibilty view settings click on that A compatibility view settings box will appear with arthritis care in the add this website box, click add and close

..and thanks Rehab too :D

....I can now talk as much as I like :roll: :lol::lol:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Legs

Glad you got it sorted, I was just going to post a reply here but then discovered Wonky and rehab had already helped you out. :D I was really grateful to rehab as I had struggled for ages without saying anything when it happened to me. :?

Look forward to your long chats now. :D

Chris
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    You get PM'S!, flippin heck I just get abuse!. :shock:
  • lindalegs
    mellman01 wrote:

I didn't say I got PMs Mell I said I send PMs :wink::lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi Legs

Glad you got it sorted, I was just going to post a reply here but then discovered Wonky and rehab had already helped you out. :D I was really grateful to rehab as I had struggled for ages without saying anything when it happened to me. :?

Look forward to your long chats now. :D

Chris

Thanks Chris .....these men are very good at sorting out our techo problems aren't they and we women are good at helping each other generally :D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply ......and no jumping in sight..... I'm cured :lol::lol:

XX
    Love, Legs x
  • mellman01
    Don't worry they started Cern up today it's probably only a shift in the time fabric.
  • lindalegs
    edited 30. Mar 2010, 15:43
    Have deleted this post because it's now obsolete.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    rehab44 wrote:
    lindalegs wrote:
    I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but for the last three days I've been having difficulties when Replying to a Post or sending a PM. When I type a message which goes beyond the win.....Luv Legs :|
    It is a compatibility problem folk, it used to happen to me. In Explorer click tools, Scroll down to Compatibility and click, In View Settings, youe will see, add this website box, put arthritiscare.org or click display all websites in compatibility view

That should sort the jumping prob

It worked for me Rehab, thanks, but it seems Lynn can't find her compatability ....can you help?

XX
    Love, Legs x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Legs

This happens with me sometimes!!! I get to the bottom of the box, and suddenly what I've typed shoots up to the top of the post - very confusing!!!

I haven't lost anything yet - not like PMs, when I've typed half a novel, and it shoots off into cyber space!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

So it's not just you (but I do tend to ramble on a bit) :wink::wink: NOT that I'm saying you do, of course......... :wink::wink::wink:

Sorry, don't know how to fix it though :? Not much help, am I???? :roll:

Love from Lynnxxxxxx

Legs

I had that happen, have you spoken to Cris, she told me what it was, something to do with Windows.

Trish x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    rehab44 wrote:
    Lynn see my updated post above, this is a bit easier

thanks that had been happening to me as well lol sorted now :D:D:D you will never stop me posting now
    val
  • mellman01
    lindalegs wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

I didn't say I got PMs Mell I said I send PMs :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Well if your sending abusive ones I'm getting them, so if it's not you whoever is me names not Dwain Dibbley OK, oh and stop sending them! :mrgreen: