Disclocated new hip after 7 months

Options
ikesother
ikesother Member Posts: 171
Hi, can you give me any hope?Had a suuccessful THR last august, then last week had alot of pain in pelvis. I am an active swimmer, walker, so just thought Id overdone it a bit. To be on the safe side went to the docs today, sent me for an xray, blood tests etc. Just had a phone call to say its disclocated. Am now sat in shock waiting to hear when Ive to go and see my surgeon. i know another op isnt good, thought Id be at least 10 years before Id see hospital food again.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Ike,

Welcome to chat to Helplines. This one really deserves a quick call to your orthopaedic clinic - if the hip is still dislocated it can be snapped back into place by a health professional who knows what they are doing as long as you are given enough pain control.

It's the kind of proceedure that should be done without delay, but the key is to get medical attention.

I hope that is helpful

Guy
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Ive rang the hospital, its not as was first thought, think its partially disclocated from what Ive been told. Im not seeing the surgeon till 13 April, unless it gets worse, than Ive to go to A+E where i had the op. Looks like a manipulation will be in order :shock: Thanks again
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    If it gets unbearable then get along to A&E - fancy having to wait 2 weeks. Our school physio reckons partial dislocation is more painful than when it is totally dislocated ...

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.