High BP

Options
snowball
snowball Member Posts: 3,465
Hi I wonder if you could help me, i saw my rheumy nurse last wednesday and my bp was 190/110 she told me to stop taking my leflunomide take my bp in a week which i have and if its still high go and see my docter. My bp now is 179/100 so i rang my docters and explained but they can't see me as they are fully booked and to try next week, Can't get through to rheumy either should i start taking the leflunomide or wait till i can see someone.

Julie
((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi it very high should be 125/90 or about that googled it so ask to talk to doc on phone you need it sorting going for mine tomorrow lol and doc on 6th but have spoken to her about it
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Julie

I do not understand BP's but came in to give you a ((((()))) and hope it gets sorted soon

love Trish xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Julie.

Your having a hard time flower and leaving you a ((((( ))))) as well as thinking don't take it till you have spoken to someone, best to ask either the gp or the Rumo first. Anther ((((( ))))) and a hope it will soon come down for you. Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I have been told that the Leflunomide stays in the system for a lot longer than the other drugs, so you shouldn't feel too much of a difference if you leave off taking it for a while longer - best to be safe that way.

I take Leflunomide and MTX, but also am on treatment for High BP .... for me Leflunomide didn't make my BP go up noticeably.

my BP is often around 140/90 which is the level that my GP surgery works to as acceptable for a woman of my age (42) - if mine is higher than that they worry , but it depends on the pain I'm in (higher the more pain there is :roll: ) or how anxious I am, so it isn't always the same.
  • snowball
    Options
    Thanks Trish, Cris and wonky, I'm 41 and my bp is about same as yours wonky when its normal. Am trying not to stress and rheumy nurse did say pain doesn't help either. Any how's I'm going to ring docs in morning and get an appointment.

Julie xx
  • valval
    Options
    julie hope it gone ok good luck
    val
  • snowball
    Options
    valval wrote:
    Hi Val just got in doc has given me Bendroflumenthiazide tablets and i have to go back in 3 weeks. Rheumy rang and i can't take my lefnumonide, hope you are ok and your bp has started to go down.

Julie
  • valval
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    valval wrote:
    Hi Val just got in doc has given me Bendroflumenthiazide tablets and i have to go back in 3 weeks. Rheumy rang and i can't take my lefnumonide, hope you are ok and your bp has started to go down.

Julie
    no going up lol so get tabs next week tried everything to get it down
    val
  • snowball
    Options
    valval wrote:
    snowball wrote:
    valval wrote:

Julie
    no going up lol so get tabs next week tried everything to get it down
    I did i was sat thinking of things i like think it made it worse, oh well i've bought a bp moniter from work so i can take it myself in a week.

Julie
  • englishrose
    englishrose Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi Snowdrop I was on Leflunomide, 10mg for 1st month then up to 20. Towards the end of second month my bp went up like a rocket - so told to stop taking Leflu. Leflunomide has a half life of 6 weeks - so had no problems. Then after 6 weeks inflamation went right up. Only trouble is that I have to wait until 12 April for Rheumy appt. This last 6 - 7 weeks have been utter misery.
    If they can sort out your bp - Leflunomide could well suit you,
  • snowball
    Options
    Hi Snowdrop I was on Leflunomide, 10mg for 1st month then up to 20. Towards the end of second month my bp went up like a rocket - so told to stop taking Leflu. Leflunomide has a half life of 6 weeks - so had no problems. Then after 6 weeks inflamation went right up. Only trouble is that I have to wait until 12 April for Rheumy appt. This last 6 - 7 weeks have been utter misery.
    If they can sort out your bp - Leflunomide could well suit you,
    Hi englishrose, I've been on leflunomide for 5 years at 20mg and never had any probs with bp before. I've taken a tablet for my high bp and now i can't stop going to the loo :oops:
    Hope they sort you out soon, the stress of having to wait to see someone doesn't help does it :?:
    Take care.

Julie
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    Options
    Hi Julie
    It sounds as if you sorted this out well and I hope you've had a good weekend and everything is OK.
    Try & stay relaxed as stress does send the BP up.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • snowball
    Options
    Hi Julie
    It sounds as if you sorted this out well and I hope you've had a good weekend and everything is OK.
    Try & stay relaxed as stress does send the BP up.
    Best wishes
    Val
    Thankyou Val I'm trying to stay relaxed.
    Julie