Any Erythromelalgia Sufferers?

Options
jennifer7
jennifer7 Member Posts: 15
edited 1. Apr 2010, 19:34 in Young people's community
Im new to this forum, i have decided to join as my mum has recently been diagnosed with a combination of 'Fibromyalgia' and 'Erythromelalgia'. Unfortunatley she is really suffering at the moment and the tablets she has been given seem to be giving little or no relief. I was therefore wondering if anyone knows of any 'at home remedies' or treatments that could be of some help to her?
Many thanks :)

Comments

• stephibabe2
    stephibabe2 Member Posts: 60
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey, so sorry to hear about your mum being dignosed with those conditions.
    My mum has got fibromyalgia which was dignosed about 5 years ago now. She goes through good times and bad times but trys to get on with things as much as she can. As far as I know theres not an actual drug that is specifcally for fibromyalgia. However, my mum does take Xeristar that is suppose to help with the pain. My mum says it helps her anyway :). My mum also sees an Osteopath (not sure how its spelt) but she finds this very helpful.
    I hope this helps, even if its just something to look into.

Best of luck, take care x
  • jennifer7
    jennifer7 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Haha im sure thats how it's spelt :) good try anyway lol
    Im sorry to hear that your mum also suffers from FM it is such a horrible thing to have to live with, it sounds like your mum more a less has the pain under control most days with the 'Xeristar' pain killers, i will definately let my mum know and do some research of my own as i do not recognise that name as something my mum takes! I will also pass on to her the suggestion of seeing an osteopath :) at the moment the pain is constant but we just need to get it to a point in which some relief can be found!

Thanks for your reply, i really appreciate your time!
    Jennifer :D
  • stephibabe2
    stephibabe2 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Yes she is alot better now then when I look back to the begining. Your mum will get there soon Im sure, things will be alot easier. I hope it doest take too long for this to happen. Also it might be nice for your mum to look into a support group, I know this helped my mum alot when she was first dignosed.

No problem, take care x