artro-400

Options
gfideon
gfideon Member Posts: 3
Hello

I have been sent advertising details of a "cure for arthritis" called Artro-400 which claims to eliminate inflammation, remove damaging waste, Makes cartilage flexible again, repairs holes & cracks, Regenerates Cartilage, Rebuilds collagen fibre, strengthens joints, stimulates cell renewal, maintains uniform cartilage tissue, restores flexibility to joints and restoring complete mobility. Also NO JOINT REPLACEMENTS, NO IN JECTIONS AND NO SURGERY. All Guaranteed.
The company concerned is (removed by moderator).
Have you heard of this?
Can it really be trur?

Your comments would be appreciated

I could scan all the leaflets and send if required

Thanks

Ian Crisp

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Ian
    There are many such 'miracle' cures on the market and I wish I could say to you that it would work. If it did then every doctor would be recommending it and we would all be taking it.The problem we have with these products is that it is very difficult to get independent scientific evidence i.e. evidence that is not connected to the manufacturer or retailer, to show if or how they are helpful or even safe to take.
    As far as we are concerned they come under the 'unproven remedies' category.
    I hope this is helpful
    Best wishes
    Val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Ian and welcome to the forum.!

That's some cure they are advertising :shock:

If it were half as good as they claim it is I think we would have heard about it long ago...in fact it would have made the news. :!:

would that it were true. :roll:

but you know what they say....'if it sounds too good to be true...then it probably isn't'.

personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. :wink:

being nosey now...but how did they know to send you this 'offer'?

Iris x
  • gfideon
    gfideon Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi

I have had arthritis for about 15 years and have been on most treatments so far , Sulfasalazine, gold injections, prednisolene, humira and embrel, methotrexate and am now back on sulfasalazene and hydroxychloroquine after getting septic arthritis in my ankle (spending 3 weeks in hospital and 2 operations to clear it out). I am waiting for the go ahead to have a knee replacement later this year. I guess somewhere along the line they got hold of my address. I usually bin these letters as they always seem to from abroad. As this one was from the UK I thought that they could not, by law, make these claims unless thare were proven.

Ian

from
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Ian and welcome to the forum.!

That's some cure they are advertising :shock:

If it were half as good as they claim it is I think we would have heard about it long ago...in fact it would have made the news. :!:

would that it were true. :roll:

but you know what they say....'if it sounds too good to be true...then it probably isn't'.

personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. :wink:

being nosey now...but how did they know to send you this 'offer'?

Iris x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hello again Ian,

I can see you've not had your troubles to seek with arther. :shock:
    nasty business septic arthritis....I had it in my wrist ... it was murderously painful! I hope your knee op later in the year goes well and gives you some relief!.

It's so frustrating and maddening too when we 'hear' of so called cures....and we can only assume like others before it this is just a money making scheme. Their wild claims can't realistically be supported by medical evidence and that makes it fraud in my book.

I'm surprised too that it's a British company that are making these claims. :roll: whatever happened to trading standards?

May be you should send that mailing on to them to investigate /deal with?

anyway out of bad can come good.........as you have found us on the forum!

why not join in on the other forums? you'd be made very welcome....and THAT's guaranteed. :mrgreen:

Iris x