Cough

Options
nuttynana
nuttynana Member Posts: 44
Hi

Wonder if you might be able to advise - I have been off work since the end of January and due to go back tomorrow. My main problem when first off was fatigue and painful joints. My GP contacted my Rhuemy who finally got back to him and suggested I stop my Anti-TNF (2nd trail, have been on Enbrel which stopped after 4 months, and now Humira stopped after about 4 months too), also stopped MTX as they thought it might be infection (have been on that by injection for about 5/6 years). But my main problem now is this really horrid dry cough (non productive) which is getting no better - GP put me on Ventolin which I am using at a rate of knots just to be able to breath! Had breathing tests last week which were really poor - could barely get any rating on the various machines, they don't think it's asthma, but not seeing Consultant until 5th May!!! Any ideas, because brain is on overdrive re the side effects of Anti-TNF's and possible tumour's etc. I know I am being paranoid, but need some advice - still taking Mobic and Salazopirin, Tramadol.
Not too sure if I should go back to work, and should I be chasing proper results!!! Please Help...

Nuttynana :?: :!: :!:

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hazel
    This is really too medical for us and is for a discussion with your GP or rheumy but from your description of your breathlessness - do you think you should be seriously considering going back to work?
    Best wishes
    Val