Your Mobile Phone

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 14. Apr 2010, 03:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Seeing another post about mobiles gave me an idea for a topic - three questions:

(1) Do you have a mobile?
(2) Would you ever leave the house without it?
(3) What do you use it for?

My answers are:

- yes
- no, I have gone back to the house before (did that today) to get it if I've discovered I haven't got it)
- Since I got a decent contract, I use it for all my calls (we only use the landline for freephone nos and to receive calls now), sending joke texts or confirmation of meetins to friends etc, checking my emails and checking my FB account. I also use it as a watch - I can't wear a watch because it aggravates my ezcema, and so use my mobile.

Since mobiles are a very recent invention, it's funny how reliant we've become on them - kind of like the internet. I can't count the number of times a week I'll check something online. Technology, eh?

Nx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes, got two as oh on one net work and cheeper to keep old phone to message him.other got camera on

sometimes when want to be alone

texting mainly
    val
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, we have 1 mobile, it always leaves the house with us, it in used in emergencies ie car breakdown, accidents etc, also if we are expected somewhere and running late, we use it to contact someone, I can't bear being late love Jaspercatxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    1. Yes, 2. Quite often, 3. Texting and emergency use only.

Keys too small to use comfortably - and eyesight too bad!

Annie
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    1- yes
    2-yes I've been known to leave it at home
    3- Make most of my calls on it txt, internet, facebook, and to take photos Oh and my diary is on it too.

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 11. Apr 2010, 17:11
    Options
    1. Yes
    2.Try not to - feel 'panicky' when I haven't got it with me...how sad is that!!
    3.Texting and calls to other mobiles.

BTW Nina I've sent you a pm.
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    (1) Do you have a mobile?
    (2) Would you ever leave the house without it?
    (3) What do you use it for?

yes
    yes - but rarely
    phoning, keeping in touch and checking in for work (its a safety thing), texting, taking photos of my son, very occasionally internet (but its so fiddly ...i'm now pining for an iphone), watch, alarm clock and reminders, distraction for my toddler .....wow it really is multi-purpose!!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I have a mobile, a very basic one. Every few days, I check to see if there are any messages or texts.

I am quite happy to leave the mobile at home, which I do most of the time

I use it when I am meeting someone, going visiting, out with hubby in the car, because he very rarely uses his mobile, or has it with him.
    Occasionally use for texting.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    yes i have mobile
    i always have it with me
    i use it for texting and keeping in contact with friends, hubby rings me every day at lunch time so need it for that! also ellie has one so if she needs anything when she's out she can call ,e!!
    yes i rely on mine so much, i hate the thought of being stuck somewhere so it good to have it!
    sue
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Yes I do have one - it's about 5 years old and the kids hate it when I bring it out in public!

I always have it with me except when taking the dog for a quick walk - however, my imagination always plays riot and by the time I get home, am always relieved to see the house hasn't burnt down or the kids haven't killed each other whilst I've been gone!

I don't make that many calls on it, but do text quite a lot.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I've got one

yes, I have left it in the house often. Never gone back for it.

I cannot wear my watch and I have become a good sensor of time.
    When I do have my mobile with me, I usually look at it then.

I have texted a little, but find the keys are too small for my awkward fingers. I don't know how to use it for many thing except doing cine or taking photos. That's useful.

Joy
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi all I have also got a mobile and I would never go any where without it , when I go to the graveyard to se my mum and dad I talk to hazel non stop , on the 3 network I use the skype as the calls are free if the other person as the skpe network ( works only on 3 network) it is my life line , many times it has helped me when my mobilty scooter battery has failed , just called hazel and she got next door neibhour to pick me up.

mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Nina

Yes of course i have a mobile

No i am NEVER withoiut it except if the battery is down :roll:

I use it for keeping in touch all day evry day with evryone....kids, hubby, friends. probably more texting than anything else.

ONLY one problem...I got a qwerty keryboard one and the keys are tiddly.....like annie cant see em and too small to use easily at times :D :oops: silly me

Love

Toni xx