virus or not ???????????

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 15. Apr 2010, 05:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
right was on fb comp came up telling me comp was infected with trojan ran full anti virus and windows defender they can not find anything checked task master and the systems Idle P. showing higher than normal will google this in a bit to see if there a prob there think it was some one trying to get me to down load virus lol
val

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Val

I have not been on FB but the other week I had a Trogen thing come up.

All checks failed to find it. So I was very careful what I did.

I have not seen it since.

Trish xx
  • valval
    Options
    yes checked everything do not keep anything much on here as use it for internet so not much for them to pinch
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    valval wrote:
    yes checked everything do not keep anything much on here as use it for internet so not much for them to pinch
    Don't keep much on mine either got mine hacked a couple of years ago got into my bank account.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    Options
    took me ages to check. usually phone brother but he did not get back off hol till 4am so did not want to disterb him lol .will keep scanning and up dating
    val
  • valval
    Options
    thanks rehab that what did in the end nearly did down load it as looked cosha lol but decided to trust anti virus good job will remember that always chech task master to see how much of prosseser being used gives me an idea if anything that should not be running is there
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Well done Val, it always pays to err on the side of caution and not be panicked into downloading other expensive and sometimes dangerous programmes

makes me scared when dealing with things not come across before .thanks for help nice to know did right thing .
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    valval wrote:
    the systems Idle P. showing higher than normal
    When the Central Processing Unit, (that's the computer chip), in your computer has nothing to do then it will run the System Idle Process (SIP) for something to do. Thus the higher this number the better, (95 to 99% typical with no programs running). As ALL the running processes should add up to 100%, if the SIP is low then the CPU is busy and other programs/processes are using resources.

When the SIP is high then other necessary housekeeping processes may run, such as checking the filing system for errors, renewing the file search structure, etc. and the computer will appear busy until they have finished their tasks. As computers are multitasking, then you can continue to use other normal programs but they will run slower, then suddenly go back to normal when housekeeping finishes.

SIP itself is a necessary part of the system and there is nothing that could be done about it.

If you have run an anti-virus program which has been updated, then that should remove any trojans or other viruses from your system.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    Options
    thanks joseph did wonder what it was as not seen it that high before do updates on anti virus every day just to be sure and have run full scan yesterday and today not found anything so think it just wanted me to down load it lol. it did look real even had windows symbols or what looked like .
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    You mean like this? The logo is the property of Microsoft Corporation.
    windows_logo.thumbnail.jpg
    Microsoft logos are very easy to find online and copy. MS will always link to a microsoft.com site and if the email doesn't then you know not to open it, just delete it.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    Options
    You mean like this? The logo is the property of Microsoft Corporation.
    windows_logo.thumbnail.jpg
    Microsoft logos are very easy to find online and copy. MS will always link to a microsoft.com site and if the email doesn't then you know not to open it, just delete it.

Joseph 8)
    well had the shields but thinking back the flag was not clear and not sure of the colours good job gave it the boot
    val