Update on nephew.

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 14. Apr 2010, 04:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi just to update you as you were all so kind when I told you my bruv had had a surprise letter from his son whom he hadnt had any contact with for quite a few years(divorce situation).Well his son age 12 has been to stay for Easter and they had a lovely time.My bruv was overwhelmed and trying to cram so much in for the few days.
By all accounts it went very,very well.Ex wife still laying down the law as bruvs current girlfriend (who is an angel) had to move out for the duration of his sons stay,She would not allow her to be there.Anything not to rock the boat.

Regards
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well at least the visit good job girl friend a nice person or trouble could have been caused do you think this what ex was trying to do
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I'm glad the visit went well and how kind of the girlfriend to move out for the duration of the stay - I'm not sure I would be that understanding.

Did they bond and get on well together? Did you see your nephew?

Nx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth glad to hear it went well, It must have been wonderful for them to spend some time together.

Julie x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tkachev
    Options
    I dont live near any of my family but have got some photographs as another brother came to visit me yesterday.
    His girlfriend is very understanding but a little hurt in her nice,polite way.She stayed with my aunt for a few days.Ex just loves to be in control although I must add she was a very good friend of mine when married to my brother.She could be looking for an excuse to prevent further visits but as son is now 12 I think she will have difficulty doing that, at least I hope.But brother has always been a lovely, caring father and didnt deserve all this hurt.
    Regards
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    What a heartwarming story. With the exception of the ex, they all seem to be dealing with the situation in a mature way, especially your bro`s girlfriend. What often happens in these situations though, the relationship between father and son will develop and become strong, to the point where the son will accept his father`s home situation, rather than not see him. Then the ex loses control. Just a lot of patience needed in the beginning.

Hope you are well-ish, and getting through the hols, without any hair loss!........Ange....X
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

really glad it went well but ex's....... they really are a different breed eh?! Hopefully she will become less difficult now as well? Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Good to hear it went well, nice to hear.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth.
    i'm pleased your brother got to see his son for a few days.
    i bet they were pleased to see each other.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth :D

Thanks for this update. It's good to hear all went well for your brother and his son, and that they had a good time. Hope it is the start of more visits for them and that the ex can relax her rules in the future. What an understanding and diplomatic girlfriend he has, bless her. Seems such a shame, am sure she would have liked to meet the youngster. Do hope all goes well for them all.

Chris x
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    hi elizabeth,

it's good to know that your nephew is now wanting to know his dad, and in the future his other extended family.

i think it was actually a good idea for his g/f to not be there. this way both father/son can get to know each other without having to think about the feelings of his g/f. tell him, his ex has actully done him a favour. i hope nephew was able to meet g/f during his stay, adn as time passes they will be able to build thier own relationship, as the father/son one will be stronger on it's own.

yes, this was a difficult time for the couple, but they are adults, and have a strong relationship, as she went to stay at mum's knowing that her b/f needs to have a chance at getting to know his son adn bond with him. and maybe appreciate adn love here even more as he becomes a hands on dad.

thanks for making my day

my best to your family, adn hugs to all here

sangita
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi elizabeth,

i am so glad for your nehpew that he has remade contact with his Dad. he is at the age that he will need him.

Glad for your bro too - and that his girlfriend was understanding. It is probably sensible for contact to be restablished between father and son first anyway.

My kids have satyed with their Dad a bit over Easter too...but that is another story.....

Very pleased for you all

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thankyou everybody. There was a time when we thought too much damage had been done and son might blame his dad for everything. My brother has tried so hard to maintain contact but everything he did got criticised by his ex. I must say that the contact teams involved were more harm than good so everything pointed to a bleak future.He got his sons call out of the blue and so we are all so happy that contact was re-established.I just hope she doesnt read this forum otherwise it could all get ruined..I am getting paranoid!!!!
    Hi Toni, My girls used to stay with their dad at some weekends and some holiday time too. With little brothers and my arthritis being so bad I think they felt guilty poor things.They are grown up now.
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein