Teaching old fogey's

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 15. Apr 2010, 05:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
I wish I had the patience to teach :-)

What other voluntary jobs do you do, Del? I'm Chair of Governors at my girls' school

Nx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :D Hey, good for your Del :D what a compliment to have been approached. :D You have helped people on here with their pc problems. :D

It is such an asset for the elderly to be able to use the computer, as you say, keeping them in touch with their families, an added interest, being able to google, online shopping, online banking, depending how confident they become.

I wish you well with that! :D I am sure you will find it rewarding. :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I must be an old fogey teaching old fogeys :roll: never thought of it like that :) I spend an hour a week teaching basic com at an old peoples home...they treat me like I am a young girl...and I am nearly 60 :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Good for your too, Barbara :D I bet that is morale boosting, to be looked upon as a youngster. :D

I am very close to you in age :D for me it will be December. :wink:

Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Good for your too, Barbara :D I bet that is morale boosting, to be looked upon as a youngster. :D

I am very close to you in age :D for me it will be December. :wink:

Luv
    Elna x()
    Hello Elna I know you are December but I don't know the date yet, Its surprising working with old people make you feel young, they are lovely and we have a laugh :)
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Laughing at your comments, my in-laws who are in their 70s are in a singing group and they go singing for the 'old folk' which always makes me laugh.

Anne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    My mother flatly refused to go to the 'coffee mornings' and other events in her locality claiming they were for the 'old folks'. She was 86 at the time, and had me in stitches!

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my mum always on about the old people most of them r younger than her bless her age is in the mind and she runs rings around me
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Good on yer Del :D

I think it is a brillinat idea dn one you will get a load out of too :D rewarding.

30 mins sounds enough though :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I must be an old fogey teaching old fogeys :roll: never thought of it like that :) I spend an hour a week teaching basic com at an old peoples home...they treat me like I am a young girl...and I am nearly 60 :lol:

Haven't you heard :?: 60 is the new 40 :!: :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi delboy I hope you dont mind but I have a pc question well two

I keep getting told my browser will soon run out

and how do you stop getting spams i am getting up to 200 a day i just delete them on block but the other day a legit message had gone in their they are about pain killers etc

and i get these annoying shoppers reprots no matter what subject i type in ie arthritis football peeps trying to sell me associuated things sorry thats 3 things

best of luck in your teaching I love lecturing and teaching others especially those who wish to learn
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    I keep getting told my browser will soon run out
    Your probably running an older version of Internet Explorer which is no longer stable or secure, you do need to update it. If you click on Help at the top of the page, then on About Internet Explorer you will find out your version number. Version 6 is now at the end of its life.

Download/install Firefox 3.6.3. (Recommended)
    http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Or if your happy with IE, download/install Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Sorry delboy for jumping in.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif