Canvassing Politicians

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 14. Apr 2010, 03:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Went to pick Sarah up from school this afternoon and when we left the play ground we were accosted by 4 people- one of which is the Conservative candidate for our constituency and the other 3 were 'supporters'. This woman tried to stuff something in my hand and was quite taken aback when I said no thankyou. She looked at me as if to say did I hear you wrong and went todo it again and again I said no thank you. After I got away from her a young man tried to do the same thing and I got this same strange look from him when I said no thank you.
Now I'm not going to bang on about my politics because that isn't what has got my goat, what has upset me is the fact that a political party feel it is quite alright to stand outside a primary school giving out their literature. The gateway in which they stood is very narrow and so nobody could get past without having to confront them.
How many people took their leaflets without really wanting them and how many of those leaflets have gone into bins without even being looked at.
I'm afraid I said very loudly to the Mum in front of me that I thought it was completely out of order and it shouldn't be allowed. This felt almost like intimadation.
Sorry rant over!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    it the ones that get thrown on the floor that will cause more probs. bet they did not go and clear them up strange how they all come out of the wood work at this time
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Kate :D:D

hope you are well??

Poor trees :( they must wonder why they get chopped down just to go in our bins eh??

Sounds like they are behaving like the sales people in town!

they should be ashamed of themselves - you should be able to go to school and fetch your kids.... :shock:

Love

Toni xx