Cat's, I dislike them intensely

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Apr 2010, 03:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi delboy, although I had two cats a while back and I really liked both of them I don’t think I would have anymore, I prefer dogs, cats are aloof almost to the point of arrogance, and their pooh really stinks and doesn't seem to ever decompose!, they are furry killing machines that will happily slaughter any poor rodent they come across, I went of a bat walk a few years ago down at Wallingford castle and got chatting to one of the guy’s running it, I asked him what is the most common cause of bat deaths and he said cats, they account for over 95% of those killed, sadly they also kill a lot of our song birds, OK it’s not the cats fault it’s ours for allowing an invasive species in here in the first place, they are so well adapted they aren’t really considered domesticated in law unlike a dog, you don’t have to report it to the police if you run one over unlike a dog.
And unlike a dog a cat can survive with or without a human to feed and house it. I always say you don’t ever own a cat rather the cat condescendingly agrees to live with you so long as the food supply holds out.
Mind you in defence of the furry four legged murderer they have a positive effect on wild bee populations as they predate on mice who in turn predate on wild bees nest, it’s been shown in an area that has a lot of cats around, there can be up to 6 times the number of bee nests.

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I like cats........ g010.gif

But I could eat a whole one........... e065.gif

Rob x................ k055.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Cat lovers of the forum unite :!: :!:

Never underestimate the power of a purr :!: :!: :D

k030.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi,

I am all for purr power, very relaxing, my cat is adorable and lives indoor, he hates going out :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D love
    Jaspercatxx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of the individual
    addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
    confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive
    persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational
    religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any
    dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not
    authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an
    irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has
    been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this
    warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be
    ignored. No animals (especially cats) were harmed in the transmission of this post, although the yorkshire terrier next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.

That gave me paws for thought :!: :lol:
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    hmmmm .... I'm not usually fussed either way with cats .... but after the week we've had .... I'd be happy if I never saw one near me again!!!

MOnday evening ... 11pm ... open back door for littlelegs to go outside for her night-time necessaries before bed. Huge mistake ...... littlelegs spots cat sitting on our fence and runs towards it .... cat (must be one claw short of a full set or new to the area :wink: ) ran TOWARDS littlelegs :shock: :shock: who then felt obliged to chase said moggy.

Fur flew, plants were ruined :( the cat made a swift but noisy exit, and I was left with a very shocked and distressed dog, although apparently uninjured. Cat disappeared without trace, and I wouldn't be able to identify it either cos of it being dark.

Next day - littlelegs yelping in pain ..... discover that she has two claw punctures inside one of her ears :shock: Trip to vets ....... littlelegs spies vet and plants feet in disgust ..... I wrestle with littlelegs (waiting room are in fits of laughter at this point :roll: ) eventually manage to lift her up and carry her into the surgery.
    Vet takes one look at how cross she is and puts a muzzle on her :shock: which sets it all off again :roll: :roll: :roll:

The indignity of wearing a muzzle, an examination, 3 injections & 7 tablets later we exit the surgery £40 less well off and with littlelegs hating me cos I took her there :roll:

NO sign of a cat in our garden again that night thank goodness, but I dread the next time one ventures near. I do wonder if the cat got that close whether littlelegs did cause it harm ... but I've no way of knowing. :?

so ... .cats best stay away from me too for a while :wink:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I agree with Mel totally about their poo. :( :x :mrgreen:

I can take or leave cats but as we are the only ones, for what seems miles around, who do not own one, our garden is their toilet and it is disgusting. :mrgreen: They also venture in when I leave the back door/upstairs windows open and I find them lying on the bed upstairs. They do not do that many times, I can tell you!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • happymegs
    happymegs Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I love all animals and birds and have even fostered a cat until it was found a new home, but why oh why do they have to do the horrible things they do? :cry:
    My husband has racing pigeons and the heartbreak when a cat got into the loft and killed his birds and some just died of shock was devastating, and to see a cat waiting and stalking wild birds and even rodents is horrible, they don't always kill, just have a bit of fun and play with them until they get tired, or bored.
    A bit like Arthur does with us!

Give me dogs anyday. (but I still smooth and talk to a cat when I meet them unless they are in my garden and then it's war) :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Well I LOVE my Daisy :D

I loved Eric before her and benny and Arthur and Tilly foxtrotter and Mortimer too.

I suppose it is nature that they chase things. Daisy uses my garden to poo in, but I dont mind at all.

I dont really like dog poo in the park, the school path or round the lake, but i couldnt issue a blanket 'I hate dogs' statement. I couldnt because I like individual dogs (all of Cris' :wink: ) and my old Yorkie who died and our old mongrel who died years ago....

Poor littlegs :shock: :( i hope all is well now?

Love

Toni xx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    We had rats in our garden a year ago and i could have done with a few cats to get rid of them.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Only cat lovers know the luxury of fur-coated, musical hot-water bottles that don't go cold.
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    littlelegs is fine now thanks, and wants it to be known that she loves cats :D but only if she can chase them :wink: :shock: :roll: :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    littlelegs is fine now thanks, and wants it to be known that she loves cats :D but only if she can chase them :wink: :shock: :roll: :lol:
    He he!!

Cheeky thing isn't she??

My bro's cat (Daisy's Dad) teases the neighbours dogs - he pokes his paws through the fence or walks along the top of it :wink:

Del

There are plants you can grow which animals dont like - you coiuld border your garden. OR you can put 'bird' pictures on all glass windows so they dont fly into them. My sister has done this as birds can be a bit silly.......

Toni x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I like cats!!
    Mine was nearly attacked by the demon dog nxt door
    If my daughter hadnt screamed & banged on the window it would have been RIP cat!
    Wouldnt mind but its owners know how much it wants to get the cat but they still leave it off its lead! It doesnt like it!
    Ill ring its bloody neck if i get hold of it! :x
    Other dogs in the street leave the cat alone
    So 1 traumatised daughter & 1 traumatised cat & 1 greyhound with a deathwise!! Their previous greyhound was lovely !
    Any reason for a dog to turn evil?
    Rant over!
    Like dogs really but would never have 1 as wouldnt be able to take it for long walks
    Maria
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Rummaging around in the shed I found an old electronic timer for the watering system and that got me thinking. I could tap into the pond water pump, attach the valve from the timer with a PIR sensor to activate it then when any stray animal comes into the garden they get a soaking.

great idea :lol::lol::lol::lol:

until you get a cat that likes water :wink:
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Rummaging around in the shed I found an old electronic timer for the watering system and that got me thinking. I could tap into the pond water pump, attach the valve from the timer with a PIR sensor to activate it then when any stray animal comes into the garden they get a soaking.

Ah but will you remember that is there?. :lol::lol: Or worst still SWMBO! :roll: Might be best to have a re-think!!!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    People who hate cats will come back as mice in the next life.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    He he he!!

Very good guys!

Daisy LOVES my bath - she has been in it - quite a few times. Cris says maybe she has some turkish in her....

Love

Toni xx
  • kevlar
    kevlar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Just a quick question to rehab44.

What meds are you on? Are they a little too strong perhaps?

Excellent though, made me chuckle :lol:

And just for the record: I love dogs, not so keen on cats.

Athough we ought to remember dogs can be indiscriminate killers too.

Anyway, dogs must be heaven sent 'cas dog backwards spells god.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I think the dog nxt door is from hell he is EVIL!