worried about ESA

queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
I have been off work since September with one thing & another,
I have got to the stage where I no longer get SSP, both my OH & myself are worried sick about money so have applied for ESA I know nothing about this or what I have to go through :(
I am not to good at the moment & have just had one lot of my medication changed,sorry for moaning but it seems one thing after another lately.
love to all Sue xx

PS sorry I haven't been on here lately but I do drop in daily to read posts

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue I've been of sick for over 2 years and when my ssp stopped i had to claim income support and its topped up with something else because I'm sick. Do keep riniging them and check your claim because when I first claimed they told me to claim incapasity so I did and didn't hear anything from them so after 3 weeks I rang them and they said I wasn't entiteled to it :x so I had to apply for income support. Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • queenfan
    Thanks Julie
    It's so worrying isn't it I don't know how these benefits work,
    I've never been off work for long only to have operations
    They still have my Job open, but I am worried because they keep asking me when I'm coming back & do I think I will be able to do my Job if I do. What do I do pack it in?
    I know in my heart that I can not do it the way I am.
    but i am dreading them asking me to make a decision
    sorry to babble on
    TC sue x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    you do not finnish. if push comes to shove let them let you go as it will affect what you can claim i know it goes against the grain but wait it out who knows what you feel like when meds r sorted good luck
    val
  • queenfan
    edited 16. Apr 2010, 05:00
    Aww thanks Val
    it just seems everything is up in the air at the moment & i cant seem to settle.
    I've been put on some different antidepressants because i cant seem to lift myself up, i have been taken off all my anti-inflammatory tablets because I have a damaged kidney so just on morphine patches topped up with
    paracetamol so really struggling at the moment,
    I want them to finish me but i am not up to fighting over my Job
    I know you are right my hubby Say's the same about letting them finish me. Thank you for replying
    T C sue x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Sue ad nice to meet you :D though I'm sorry it's under these worrying circumstances. :(

The first thing that came to mind when reading your post was whether you are getting DLA? if not I would encourage you to apply as it can make a huge difference to you financially. please consider making an application and I would suggest you contact CAB for assistance with the forms...not because I think you can't fill them in!!!! but they have expertise in completing these applications which is very helpful.

I don't know what type of arther you have but treatment is so important in keeping arther under control... your meds have been recently reviewed which is good as it sounds as though you have been coping with such a lot of pain and stress which in itself is so draining.

As you have been off work due to arther I also wondered if you had had any support from occupational health or the Disability Adviser at jobcentreplus? you have a right to have assessments of your disability and how it affects your ability to carry out your job; and your employer has a duty to consider adjustments to your working environment and/ or hours of work that may help you remain in your job.

We are here to support you Sue...I appreciate this is a very difficult time for both you and your OH so please let us know what we can do to help....x

Iris x
  • queenfan
    Iris thank you so much for the advise on different things :)
    hopefully having my meds changed & looking in to different options
    will help.
    I have OA in neck, spine,hips OP in left hip, & various other things going on :roll:
    just waiting for appointment with orthopaedics because my doctor thinks I have trapped blood vessels in my head due to the arthritis in my neck

we are all suffering on here. I know it sounds strange but I like reading on here to see how everyones doing, I know I don't write much about my self but there are people who are far worse than me & they are an inspiration to me with what they have to cope with
    I hope you are keeping well :)
    TC sue x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sue,

Its nice to see you but sorry its all a bit up in the air at the mo. ESA is something I don't know much about. I really hope you are ok in your self and things get a lot easier for you as well. Have they said how quick they are hoping you will be seen by the ortho's? A (((((( )))))) and you take care of your self. Luv Cris xx
  • queenfan
    Hi Cris I went to my doctors Monday, & she asked if I had heard from them which I haven't, she said she would get on to them so until I hear from them I will just have to keep plodding on :roll:
    How are you matey i always think of you in different weather with your
    little four legged family, i bet you get a lot of satisfaction watching them running around
    Lets hope we have some more of this lovely sunshine 8)
    it's lovely to hear from you Cris
    TC sue xxx
  • skezier
    Hi Sue,

Everything is a waiting game isn't it? i really hope you hear something soon and well its good your gp is behind you on this.

Hey I have a bit of luck recently...... managed to change gp's :D:D:D Was put on mtx by the rumo and its not done anything for the bones yet but its got the crohn's upside down by the throat :lol::lol::lol:

Bit of sun makes a huge difference eh? The lodgers have come back now and expecting foal in the next few days.... or maybe today :wink: ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • queenfan
    thats gr8 news a bout doctors :) I hope when it kicks in it does the trick
    Aww wait until I tell Laura about the foal she loves horses she used to ride alot until she had major surgery on both her jaws, then just before she went in for surgery she had a bad fall & didn't want to risk it until her jaws settled down, she would to do it now but it's expensive going every week, she's enjoying uni comes home every day with a big smile on her face, I don't know how long that will last once she starts on her assignments :)
    take a photo of the foal when it's born please :wink:
    love sue x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Sue, sounds like you have it tough at the moment. Make that you get an appointment with the Citizen's advice bureau a.s.a.p - you will feel better for being proactive and the advice they can give will be invaluable.

I love reading the forum too, don't know where I'd be without it at the moment.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • queenfan
    Hi speedalong there are lots of lovely people on hear to get advise & to talk to it's lovely to hear from you & you can talk to me any time :wink: TC Suex
  • skezier
    Hi Sue,

Bless her you tell Laura there will be pics! Well subject to it arriving :lol::lol: She has been threatening to a bit today but a few hours ago went back into eat mode....... I really hope her jaw makes a good recovery, and so glad she is enjoying uni. Its good and well I do hope she carries on enjoying it.

You try not to worry and well hopefully it will all come good for you. Love Cris who is off to play tag with the torch monsters (last years who are into everything it seems :lol::lol: and clearly like bright lights! :lol::lol::lol: ) xx