not long to go to mediation

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 17. Apr 2010, 17:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello not long to go now till mediation starts, this time next week we will be having it out with my son's school, will be glad when its over with to be honest they need a good shake up, they don't seem like they are going to change, started to go on about son walking home from school with a member of staff, it still seems as if they want it all there own way but roll on Wednesday and we will be on neutral ground and i hoping we get it sorted, only thing bothers me is will they go back on what they agree with us don't trust them alot.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• only49
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    good luch hun, dont take any crap :wink:
    we are not going to take any crap or rubbish now they will have to listen, dont think they like it but hey we dont care, we put up with this for far too long and now we are not going any longer, just had a email from the director and she said its going ahead as planed, hubby all ready to do battle i know what he's like and its going to be interesting, i will be honest i dont like all this hassle but they should see what we doing is for the right reasons.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Good luck Sylvia

I hope, if it's all in writing, they will ahve to adhere to whatever is agreed eh?

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Good luck Sylvia

I hope, if it's all in writing, they will ahve to adhere to whatever is agreed eh?

Love

Toni xx
    at meetings they usually have someone who takes the minutes so i don't know if this will be any different but i let you know what goes on, glad when its over and done as the stress from all this don't help, anyway if this year anything to go by it will be here and over with before I know it.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If he is on school action plus they will have targets for him to follow.Usually everything will be written in a report so you and your son know what is agreed.If not, make sure they do put it in writing if you can Sylvia,
    good luck
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    If he is on school action plus they will have targets for him to follow.Usually everything will be written in a report so you and your son know what is agreed.If not, make sure they do put it in writing if you can Sylvia,
    good luck
    Elizabeth
    hi i hope i don't bore anyone but the whole idea of this mediation is to get them to listen to us and work with us and not against us as it has felt like they are undermining us and trying to take over and they come out with such a load of crap, is his shoes too big for him, ( he's got low muscle tone ) he having trouble walking in his Wellington and other stupid things and general stuff that's seen as someone who has not got a clue. sorry to go on but if we dont do something he will have too put up with people who think they know what's best and they don't.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Oh I am with you now.That sort of cr*p.I have just had similar stuff.I wrote a note just explaining things linked to arthritis and the difficulties this involves...I dont have the strength to get him to sleep in his own room because I suffer fatigue and pain and cannot get out of bed to keep checking on him cos body especially my foot seizes up.We tried but it was easier for me to monitor him in the same room.They actually apologised and said sorry to not to have taken these things into consideration.Sometimes they just dont realise.
    Is it a sensory issue(shoes)?Hope you dont mind me asking.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sylvia
    Good luck we are are here for you, I really hope it goes how you want it to, you make sure you keep us updated.

Love and hugs(((((((())))))
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Oh I am with you now.That sort of cr*p.I have just had similar stuff.I wrote a note just explaining things linked to arthritis and the difficulties this involves...I dont have the strength to get him to sleep in his own room because I suffer fatigue and pain and cannot get out of bed to keep checking on him cos body especially my foot seizes up.We tried but it was easier for me to monitor him in the same room.They actually apologised and said sorry to not to have taken these things into consideration.Sometimes they just dont realise.
    Is it a sensory issue(shoes)?Hope you dont mind me asking.

Elizabeth
    no i dont think so i do really think its them and not us the stupid things they keep coming up with, i think they think he more able to do things they he is able to do, and also it seems as if they are trying to get him to be like normal kids which is all wrong he cant adjust we have to adjust to them not the other way round, i do think they have not got a clue, anyway they will never amit it but they caused him to be upset when away from home so we not going to take any crap any more we had enough,

they keep banging on about fitness and he has P E and swimming on a Tuesday fitness suite Wednesday, swimming Thursday, and fitness suite on Friday so no wonder he tired, :x :x and now then on about walking home from school and as before they will expect me to meet him at the lollipop man in all weathers and we keep saying until he can do it by himself without someone reminding him then they got to bring him home.
  • only49
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Sylvia
    Good luck we are are here for you, I really hope it goes how you want it to, you make sure you keep us updated.

Love and hugs(((((((())))))
    Barbara x
    hi i do that thats for sure, we are not about to give in to them our son welafare is important to us and thats what we going focus on
  • tkachev
    Options
    This is going to be difficult to solve.Does he have a diagnosis? The school must make allowances for his difficulties.They are not always understanding I know.
    I do understand about walking home. They have difficulties knowing what is appropriate behaviour or crossing roads or going in the right direction. You just want to keep him safe. What about anyone else you trust to walk him home and keep an eye on him? Or a taxi- would he be entitled to this?
    I do have sympathy and I am only throwing suggestions at you but understand these ideas may not be viable.
    Have you contacted parent partnership at all. They help with educational issues and can even attend meetings to make sure you are not bullied into agreeing with things you dont want.
    Sylvia just stand your ground and say he cant do this or that and needs the school to understand and work with you not against you.
    Take care and let us know how you get on,
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Good luck
    Are you taking someone from a parent group to support you?
    Also, i wouldnt agree to anything - say you will think about it, dont be pushed.
    Dont fill in any silences, say your bit then stop.
    Write a list, rehearse some questions etc.
    As soon as you leave write your own notes whilst its fresh in your mind.