Wayne sleeps hip

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 15. Apr 2010, 11:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just found out that wayne sleep has had his hip replaced, he is such an inspiration, after 6 weeks he is back dancing, I know this is very early.... apparently he had physio every day and palates...mind you he had a physio from the royal ballet(wonder what they would charge :) thought I would share this, It dose give you hope, maybe when I have mine done I will be dancing soon after, then again I couldnt dance before :lol:
Barbara x
Love
Barbara

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blimey Barbara :shock:

Mind you he must have pout some pressure on his joints over the years I expect.

Glad to hear he is doing so well

Love

Toni xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Jeepers that is good. :D Nice to see that, would have been so tough for him not to be able to dance. He really must have had some good physio and support there. Gives you hope though, ta.

Chris
  • barbara12
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi Barbara

Jeepers that is good. :D Nice to see that, would have been so tough for him not to be able to dance. He really must have had some good physio and support there. Gives you hope though, ta.

Chris
    Hi chris and toni....who knows what I will be doing, with my new hips..britains got talents springs to mind (oh no it to late for that maybe the next one)
    Hope you are both well
    Love barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Chris[/quote]Hi chris and toni....who knows what I will be doing, with my new hips..britains got talents springs to mind (oh no it to late for that maybe the next one)
    Hope you are both well
    Love barbara x[/quote]

I am fine thankd Barbara

Just dont get caught if you get DLA like that old chap spinning on his head :wink:

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am surprised he is back dancing. I am far too apprehensive to attempt anything. I long to jump on the trampoline when I take the children most Saturdays but am relegated to spotting nowadays. It is so hearbreaking I can tell you.Good luck to him if he manages to continue but I am sure he will be severely restricted.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I am surprised he is back dancing. I am far too apprehensive to attempt anything. I long to jump on the trampoline when I take the children most Saturdays but am relegated to spotting nowadays. It is so hearbreaking I can tell you.Good luck to him if he manages to continue but I am sure he will be severely restricted.

Elizabeth
    Hi Elizebeth...I was shocked to hear it, who knows what damaged he could do...the right way has to be taking things slowly, you will get there in the end.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    I dont think I will ever get back on a trampoline.I can manage a little bit of dancing thats my lot now.There is too much weight bearing on the trampoline. My son is quite good so I enjoy watching him instead.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    What a fabulous dancer he was in his prime :!: His joints have certainly taken a battering though, as with all ballet dancers.

In 1973, Wayne Sleep established a world record by doing an entrechat-douze - a jump with twelve beats of the feet. This record still stands to this day.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dancers do dance in pain so he will be used to pain. but it is great to know that he is able to. it does pay to keep muscles strong and his r very strong as you have probably noticed lol
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hi Barbara we can all think of dancing in our sleep tonight.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx