not heard from D L A claim yet

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 16. Apr 2010, 03:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
how long did it take before you heard if you got awarded D L A not heard anything so far the last time they were going to write to my doctor, heard nothing since.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    how long did it take before you heard if you got awarded D L A not heard anything so far the last time they were going to write to my doctor, heard nothing since.

sylvia

Hi Sylvia

The first claim took a fair while, they usually say in their response letter, is that it can take up to 11 weeks to process a claim and or a review. They say call us after 11 weeks if you have heard nothing. I didn't wait that long, I called and asked them what was happening. They won't tell you of any decisions, but they might say what stage your claim is at. Don't be put off about phoning them, they can check in a few seconds on their system. Your GP surgery should be able to tell you if they have had a request for information from the DLA.
    Hope it comes through soon. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    hi sylvia,

i don't watn to be negative, but it seems form amny posts i have seen that they refuse us, and hope we will not appeal.

may i suggest that you try to get welfare rights, cab, dial.... ready to see you as soon as you get a reply, just in case they say no. then you don't have to wait for an appointment, as you are already on the system.

that is what happend to me two years ago, before i knew the system isso long, tough and unfair. i was not able to get help as the places had closed their lists for some reason, and i had to wait a long couple of months, when they only give you a month form the date of the letter.

then, when they write to say you have been awarded this and this, you can call up the places and say the award went in your favour.

i hope you don't mind me saying this.

sangita
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    only49 wrote:

sylvia

Hi Sylvia

The first claim took a fair while, they usually say in their response letter, is that it can take up to 11 weeks to process a claim and or a review. They say call us after 11 weeks if you have heard nothing. I didn't wait that long, I called and asked them what was happening. They won't tell you of any decisions, but they might say what stage your claim is at. Don't be put off about phoning them, they can check in a few seconds on their system. Your GP surgery should be able to tell you if they have had a request for information from the DLA.
    Hope it comes through soon. XX Bubbles

Hi Sylvia,

I agree with Bubbles....check with the GP to see if 'they've' sent for medical info. I waited eons for my decision too.

I really hope you get an award...x

Iris x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Sylvia I agree with bubbles, mine took a long time but they did write to me and say they were waiting for docters report.
    Goodluck.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all