Isn't Joan Lawson Lovely?

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 18. Apr 2010, 09:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello all

As I sit, with a clean house, the washing done and cakes baked, waiting for my daughter's birthday party to start (she is 8 today, my middle one of 3), I thought I'd post this, because I know Joan isn't just a good friend to me, but to a lot of people on here. Here is why I think she is - feel free to expand on my list:

- Since we became friends, she has diligently remembered our birthdays - mine, my hubby's and the girls

- She always responds to posts and reads what the poster has written very carefully before replying

- You know she's always THERE

- Even though I still haven't invited her round for the promised Indian meal, I know she doesn't mind and understands

- She's good friends with her twins' birth mother (I don't think I would have been)

- She has a naughty sense of humour - I love the fact that she isn't straight-laced

That's all I can think of for now. My girls adore her and her hubby, they are such kind people. My hubby hasn't met them (YET!) but I know he will too.

Nina X

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yep I agree she's a very nice person Nina, a real diamond she never gets down and is always helping others.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I agree nina she is lovely . :D You are lucky to have met her in person.We are privaliged to have her on our furum. :D
    Joanne
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    I agree nina she is lovely . :D You are lucky to have met her in person.We are privaliged to have her on our furum. :D

and I think so too. :!: :!: :!:

Iris x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi Nina.
    yes you all have a true friend there.
    and a lovely person.
    and i believe joan was a teacher a little while ago.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    OOoooh, Nina, I'm lost for words ( and you know how unusual that is for me :!: :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope Simie had a lovely birthday. She is a gorgeous girl :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMIE

h100.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you Mell, Suncatcher, Iris and Joan

I love you all too :!: :D:D
  • ninakang
    Options
    Thanks Joan, I half thought you'd tell me off, but you do deserve it :-)

Simie had a lovely birthday, everyone stayed out in the garden till it got dark :-) All kids went home worn out (it's a great combination - sweets to get them hyper then a trampoline!). I did a very basic buffet type meal, sandwiches, sausages, chips and pizza. I even made some gluten-free cakes which taste REALLY nice. In fact, my gluten-free cakes went before the others did!

Only one friend of Simie's didn't come, and though I said to Sim that there could be lots of reasons (she was ill, they got the wrong day, lost the invite), I'm pretty peed off about it. Why can't people PHONE or be reliable? Simie and her sisters spent weeks planning her garden party, making up the goodie bags, discussing games etc. They had endless lists made out, invites designed on the computer (I'm sure their true vocations are to be party planners) and then you get people who just don't bother and don't ring, disapponting the birthday girl. I think it's very rude. But Simie being our Simie, still wants to give her the goodie bag at school on Monday - hmmph!

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Nina

I'm glad Simie had a lovely birthday, despite her friend's absence. I agree that some people are very rude and thoughtless, and these things really matter to a child.

It was my twins' birthday today too, so a special day indeed !!
  • ninakang
    Options
    Ah, do you know, Simie told me that this morning too and I forgot all about it! Did you go to see them? Did they have a nice day? ;-)

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Ah, do you know, Simie told me that this morning too and I forgot all about it! Did you go to see them? Did they have a nice day? ;-)

Nx

No, I didn't see them today; they are both away living it up at present, but we spoke on the phone.
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    joan is a treasure, and nina, as said before, you are lucky to have her company in person, adn her friendship.

in the short itme i have been here, adn i havenot beenhere a lot, i have seen her kindness, understanding and generosity.

we aere all truely lucky to have known her.

but i think on this forum, there are so many members who are just as kind, underestanding, generous, adn above all, supportive.

i wish i had met you all earlier.

thanks for all you all give on this forum

sangita
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yes joan is one of the special people on here that makes it such a great place to come thankyou all
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Nina,
    Happy birthday to your daughter and hope she had a lovely day.It was a lovely day too, did you get out into the garden?
    Joan,
    Happy birthday to your twins! I am sure they had a lovely time even though they are all grown up now.
    How are you Joan, I noticed you have been quiet lately?I am sure it is your friends health that is worrying you. Keep on smiling Joan for her sake and continue to be the wonderful support she so needs.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your twins from me as well :D

I do also hope things are okish with your friend? Purrs to Tommy. Cris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Joan
    Happy birthday to your twins.

Yes, you are quite a lady, but then, you are an artist too.
    Thanks for being there for most of us.

Joy
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you for your good wishes Sangita, Val, Elizabeth, Cris, and Joy.

This thread is doing wonders for my morale!! I'm a bit embarrassed to be singled out ( but flattered too :!: :D ) because there are so many lovely people on here, and it is a real privilege to know you all.

Thank you also for your birthday wishes to my twins. I contacted their birth-mother yesterday, as I always think of her on their birthday. She did all the hard work of bringing them into the world after all!! We have a wonderful bond between us, as you can imagine.

Did you say I was quiet, Elizabeth :?: :?: That will be the day :!: :!:

My friend is doing very well at present, thank you. She is a true inspiration to me in her positive attitude. I was with her yesterday, and we had such a laugh as usual.

Purrs to your crew from Tommy, Cris

k040.gif