The Apprentice or some Election Rubbish

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 18. Apr 2010, 18:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
I read the other day that the reason The Apprentice hasn't been shown yet this year (it's one of my all time favourite programmes and it usually starts in April), is because of the looming general election. By the time May comes along, we'll be sick to death of the election and politicians (those of us who aren't already), so why take away The Apprentice to make us crosser? Apparently, it might not show this year AT ALL.

It's made me quite grumpy. I LOVE that programme, I let my eldest stay up an hour longer on Wednesdays and we watch it together, packing my husband off to bed because he always talks when watching TV.

I'm sorry, I'm not in the same league as Rehab, Mel or Del when it comes to ranting but I could sulk for England given the chance!

Nx

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The Conservatives said the 62-year-old tycoon's new role as Gordon Brown's 'enterprise tsar' would clash with his position on the BBC show and compromise the corporation's political impartiality.

In response, the BBC Trust, its governing body, ruled that Lord Sugar could continue to present the business reality show, but that it should not go out in the run-up to a general election.

Television executives have now decided to put the start date back to summer 2010 rather than risk the show running into issues of political impartiality.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-apprentice/6537918/Apprentice-will-be-rescheduled-to-avoid-clashing-with-the-General-Election.html

You think that they could all find better things to do.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I can imagine you as a contestant on The Apprentice, Nina. You would be a real star, and Alan Sugar would meet his match at last :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Coronation st or some election rubbish ditto!
    There i was all ready for corrie on Thurs 8.30pm and the debate was on, luckily i had corrie on a set up record so watched it then bits of the debate.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Nina

He he!! You did a jolly good Rehab imersonation there girl :wink:

I agree with you and Oneday - they shouldnt be able to much up our televisual veiwing for ANYTHING!!!!

Not that I watch the apprentice - I is scared of em all :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Nina,

I love watching the apprentice too and just hate the way the election dominates everything else on tv (like football!!!)

I think they should have a separate dedicated channel for all the election debates (which I did enjoy watching) and the rest of the election mumbo jumbo.... and leave the 'normal' scheduling well alone. people could then chose whether / when to watch :!:

Iris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi there.
    Dorcas, of course election stuff is going to overtake everything at the moment. None of it every helps me make up my mind where to vote. Perhaps Joan ought to be the new Prime Minister. She'd put everything right I'm sure. We need another woman in the hot seat.

I shall still look forward to The Apprentice whenever it comes and Lord Sugar. I should think he has regretted the hour he became advisor to Labour.

Won't look good for him if Labour do lose will it?

As for the Soaps, I don't miss them now because I never watch them anymore. I don't seem to have the time.

In fact, I am fed up with television, full stop, waste of money. It's all repeats half the time in any case.
    Now that I have had my grump bye
    Joy
  • ninakang
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I can imagine you as a contestant on The Apprentice, Nina. You would be a real star, and Alan Sugar would meet his match at last :!: :D

You're not the first person to say that, Joan, funnily enough!

My eldest has promised that when she's as successful as S'ralan, I can be her Margaret - I'm a secret Margaret fan, she should have her own show!

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Nina

You and Ellen together :!: Now that really would be a force to be reckoned with :!: :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Perhaps Joan ought to be the new Prime Minister. She'd put everything right I'm sure. We need another woman in the hot seat.

Last week, I stood in the Prime Minister's place at the despatch box in the House of Commons ( just visiting) and it did give me a fleeting sense of power. But I think I would like to be the Speaker of the House. I would enjoy shouting 'ORDER :!: ORDER :!: at all that rabble :!:
  • ninakang
    Options
    I'll second that, Joan, you keep everyone in order on here fabulously!

Nx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    [ I would enjoy shouting 'ORDER :!: ORDER :!: at all that rabble :!:

would be useful for Arthur's too. :lol::lol:

Iris x