What Progress to be Drug Free !!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 18. Apr 2010, 07:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Had my new hip 3 years ago then my knee went so had that done with the idea I would be able to leave off my medication !!! I am still on my meds because now my other hip is giving me pain so too are my elbows, shoulder neck and back and ankles. So my med free option has gone how many more replacements would I have to go through to be free from drugs I think I have answered my own question. Take care of my pain control and avoid any more surgery anyone else been in this situation??

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi wendgro...nice to meet you. :D

you've asked the million dollar question. :!:

There just is no guarantee with arther.....and you're right you just get one joint sorted and before you know it another one needs sorted.

It's like an orchestra playing...one joint takes the lead and others just play quietly in the background...then when you have an op another joint steps up to the podium and plays for all it's worth. yaaaghh!!!

I've had a few ops already and have a pre op on the 30th for my next one.

My daughter (jokingly) said that they should knock me out...do ALL the joints that might need replacing...and then waken me up after I've fully recovered. :lol:

I recently flew back from Germany and the metal detector was going mad....it was tough trying to explain that the metal they were looking for was inside not out. :mrgreen:

Iris x