events that has happened

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 20. Apr 2010, 06:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello does anyone ever think its strange how things happen, :roll: last July my mother-in law died and not that long after hubby brother was planing a holiday, anyway he went away on his holidays and got to where he was staying only to have to return home, because his water tank had burst and flooded out his house, and what a mess to come back to, he had to move out of his house for 4 months while the work got done, and when it all got done and dusted as they say, and things got back to normal then this year we had a lot of snow more than I'm seen for quite a few years, and that too really caused problems and then with this ash cloud causing more problems, its really strange how the things have happened is it a coincidence or is mum in law having a right old laugh at us, strange as when she was alive she liked to cause mischief, i hope this dont sound crazy but i do think everything happens for a reason. :roll: :roll: :roll:
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope so coz I'm not going to be happy if I find out that all the *rap that's happend to me is just coincidence!.
    Joking apart I'm not sure about the planet giving us grief has been caused by somone or thing and I'm not really into God but I do feel somethings have happend for one reason or other can't say why just a feeling, but sometimes it's been very strong in my life right now though I feel total panic when I think of work and what will happen,no clues this time I'm on me own to face the HR axe woman!. :roll:
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I hope so coz I'm not going to be happy if I find out that all the *rap that's happend to me is just coincidence!.
    Joking apart I'm not sure about the planet giving us grief has been caused by somone or thing and I'm not really into God but I do feel somethings have happend for one reason or other can't say why just a feeling, but sometimes it's been very strong in my life right now though I feel total panic when I think of work and what will happen,no clues this time I'm on me own to face the HR axe woman!. :roll:
    i'm not into god, but some times i guess you just sometimes wonder why :)
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Definitley, well all the time in fact!.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 19. Apr 2010, 18:49
    Options
    Hi

It's an interesting philosophical question whether things happen for a reason.

Sometimes events in life seem to move in mysterious ways, and amazing things can happen when you least expect them. Sometimes there are chains of events which link together in almost incredible and wonderful ways, and then you think how could that possibly have happened? Was it just a coincidence, or was it meant to be? Was it all mapped out for me all the time, just waiting for the right time and the right place? Sometimes it certainly feels like that.

I don't know the answer, but perhaps all we can do is go with the flow, and make the most of any nice surprises which life springs on us.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I think it is just part of our lives, not for a reason but it just happens then we connect something from that event to the next one.

I don't really have the answer I don't think that any of us do have the answer

Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    I think it is just part of our lives, not for a reason but it just happens then we connect something from that event to the next one.

I'm with Trisher probably just a not-sogood coincidencs and we connect it ourselves.

Would be nice to think though that she is up there having a laugh :wink:

Love

Toni xx