On new meds feel awful

Options
margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 20. Apr 2010, 20:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Went to docs today she has put me on sick for 4 weeks and as im still in alot of pain she change me to different meds. Tramadol and Lyrica 50mg I also am to take 100mg diclofenic. I started the new tablets this morning and i felt really ill is this normal? I was feeling very sleepy and my speech was slurred i could feel my heart beating really fast my breathing got really slow too and i felt shaky. how many tramadol are you supposed to take and how often theres no instructions on box?
Margaret

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Went to docs today she has put me on sick for 4 weeks and as im still in alot of pain she change me to different meds. Tramadol and Lyrica 50mg I also am to take 100mg diclofenic. I started the new tablets this morning and i felt really ill is this normal? I was feeling very sleepy and my speech was slurred i could feel my heart beating really fast my breathing got really slow too and i felt shaky. how many tramadol are you supposed to take and how often theres no instructions on box?
    I will just go and find my instruction for tramadol and let you know.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options

Hi

I know that when my hubby took Tramadol, he felt funny, they are strong. The Diclo's are also for pain.

That is wrong not to have no instructions with them. I hope you feel a bit better now.

Trish xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    It says if you have a rapid heartbeat you should contact your docter, I would ring the NHS line and ask for there advice if you are worried.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Margaret

I would urge you not to take any more tramadol and seek advice. Some people are affected very negatively by tramadol. My mum was.

I do hope you get some support with this and feel much better verysoon.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i can not belive they did not put instruction on that against the law i am sure hope you r better soon
    val
  • trisher
    Options
    That is very bad not to. I thought they had to put instructions in with them it was against the law now.
  • margareth64
    Options
    Oops just relised i posted this on wrong forum!!! Sorry folks! :oops:
    Margaret
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh You poor thing!!!

Tramadols do that top me - sound drunk and feels like the worst hangover ever!!

I think it's best to sart on one only and at night and then build them up??

Hope you feel better soon.

Love

Toni xx

PS dont worry about mixing the forums up :)
  • margareth64
    Options
    Hi Ive realised that i need to take the tramadol only one at a time and phoned pharmist and she apoligised, she thought i had used them b4. The meds i started called Lyrica they seem to react with the tramadol too. So only take them on their own b4 i take any others an leave a few hrs b4 i take anything else :roll: kinda complicated :lol::lol: Thanks for all your help :D
    Margaret
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    glad it sorted had us worried for a bit
    val
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Ive realised that i need to take the tramadol only one at a time and phoned pharmist and she apoligised, she thought i had used them b4. The meds i started called Lyrica they seem to react with the tramadol too. So only take them on their own b4 i take any others an leave a few hrs b4 i take anything else :roll: kinda complicated :lol::lol: Thanks for all your help :D

Glad you have sorted it out. I hope you are feeling better than you were.

Always make sure that any meds they give you in the future goes with the tablets you are already taking.

Trish xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Margret,

welcome from me as well :D

I have been taking the lyrica for nearly 2 years and have tramadol for bad days as well and they make me feel a bit tired and I wake feeling like I got a hangover. I only ever take them if I really am climbing the walls..... The dose is 1 4x a day or 2 4x a day but i was told as and when needed at 2 4x a day. I glad they apologise but they really were a bit out of order there.

Good luck and the lyrica hell it works well for me and I rally hope it does you. Nice to meet you Cris