Supersize Vs Superskinny

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 21. Apr 2010, 15:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is anyone watching this tonight? We LOVE this programme :-) What never ceases to amaze me is just how bad some people's diets are. In last week's show, when they did the weekly food intake of both the people on it, there were no fruits or vegetables at all, just a load of processed food and junk.

I love junk food as much as the next person, but I don't eat it to these extremes. I think this programme is brilliant for finding out the reason for the person's poor diet first, address that, then show them how to eat well.

I also love Anna, I think she should have her own show. Although I don't quite agree with her promoting "quick fixes" for weight loss. Even though she does show most don't work, she's not exactly promoting eating healthier and exercising regularly as a lifestyle choice, is she?

Nx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nina

Lucy and I watch it religioulsy!!!

She loves it and it gives (c/0 the doc) some very sensible info on what happens if you DONT eat enough......

The first week? Remember Jade (the skinny?) well she's my haridressers SIL!!!

Love

Toni x

(who will be glue to channel 4 tonight :wink: )
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Dont watch this because dont have time but I do know what you mean about junk food. I think it just so easy to get hold of this sort of food and some people need a quick fix.My kids just never eat veg (even though we grow our own and make lots of soups).
    Perhaps if I starved them they would soon tuck in?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Not all wimmin are obsessed with shape, I'm more obsessed with eating healthily and staying active. I love my curves - I wouldn't swap them for the world, but I have a muffin top which I DETEST :-(

I like to watch this programme with my eldest too, to show her just what it's like to be too skinny - she's under far too much pressure from her peers to be skinny, do her hair and make up etc. She's 11, for crying out loud!

Nx
  • ninakang
    Options
    :-) It's when there's a roll of fat above the waistband of your trousers or skirt, like the top of a muffin spilling over the paper case.

Do you feel complete with that knowledge now? ;-)

Nx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Nina, we can wobble our muffin tops together if you like. :lol:

I don't mind my shape and a lot of women probably would. I simply believe that there's more to me than appearance and if someone can't see past that they're not worth my time.
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I watched it tonight and felt ill looking at what he ate and wondered how on earth she functioned.

I do the cereal thing for meals if just too pooped but it's normally porridge oats/shredded wheat types.

I am what I am. Junk in, junk out. Less Junk in.......

Pluggx
  • ninakang
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    Nina, we can wobble our muffin tops together if you like. :lol:

I don't mind my shape and a lot of women probably would. I simply believe that there's more to me than appearance and if someone can't see past that they're not worth my time.

That's absolutely spot on, but I love programmes like this which educate people about eating healthily. Call it an obsession :-)

And Plugg, I agree with you - she didn't manage on just cereal, she admitted herself that her husband did everything around the home and she did nothing. And what about the bloke? How could he have chips for practically every meal every day? Why didn't he get sick of them?! He looked so much better 3 months later.

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    :-) It's when there's a roll of fat above the waistband of your trousers or skirt, like the top of a muffin spilling over the paper case.

Nina

I think this is due to the place the waists are put on our trousers or skirts these days - got a pair of high waist skinny jeans - look much better!! You can squash it all in :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Nina,

I used to be obsessed then I got old :lol::lol::lol::lol: Now there is just too much mixture in the muffins :lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Toni can you get waists that com to your neck :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Why are wimmen so obsessed with shape? Round is a shape for crying out loud!

Cos you men always look seductively at big boobs and small bum. I have been all sizes and got much more positive attention when I was skinny....much more.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hiya Elizabeth

It's not always small bums - I know a firefighter with a thing for big bums. He made a pass at one of my staff on a night out, telling her he loved big bums and wondered why he got a smack in the face for his efforts :-)

Nx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yep! Have to agree with you there, Elizabeth.

Have you noticed, they make skinny jeans, but you don't see "fatty jeans" do you? Fashion always caters to slimmer women - a token gesture is made for larger sizes.

I'd be absolutely fine if I was a few inches taller!! Everything would be just in it's rightful place then :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

Lynn xxxx

Ha me too. I am 5.2 if I had Linda legs legs I would be perfect!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Nina, I agree, he looked so much better!

I love these programmes too, if only to tell me that girl - you don't do too bad. I have IBS so constantly have to watch and re-jig what I eat too.

I am currently thinking about the choccy biccies in the cupboard that husband put in the sopping trolley yesterday -even though I told him not too because I would end up eating them much to the amusement of other shoppers!

On a side note, you guys make me laugh!

Pluggxx