They cut their BEAUTIFUL hair!

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 21. Apr 2010, 04:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm just off home now, but I had to post this and tell you all. Joan (and her hubby) will tell you that my 3 daughters, aged 11, 8 and 6 all have thick, shiny, wavy/curly hair which I've ever let them trim and not cut short because it's so lovely.

We had the mobile hairdresser round last night and here's what they had done:

- My eldest now has a staggered fringe framing her face and her mass of thick curly hair

- My middle one now has the same thick, blunt fringe but hair which stops just past her shoulders - it's lost most of it's wave except at the ends

- My youngest (and this is the heart breaker) now has a bob just past her chin - the absolute worst is that HER CURLS HAVE GONE! I brushed it through this morning and it was STRAIGHT!

They all look about 10 years older and I'm really not happy with my eldest, she looks about 16 now and far too pretty. I want to part her hair down the middle, secure it with clips and plait it in two!

What HAVE I done?!

Nx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    nina it hard when they growing up we see them as small children , even when they think they have grown up. at least it will grow again so keep smiling and all will be well
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Don't worry to much Nina one day you will look back at it and chuckle, anyway I'd give me left arm for any kind of hair cut, all I have these days is a polish. :cry:
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Mellman,

you do know what they say about men with a lack of hair?

You are more virile!

Anne
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Nina, believe me I totally sympathise!! my daughter who is now almost 17, decided at 15 she didnt like her beautiful auburn hair, which had ringlet curls all through, it was so beautiful. It was then dyed and cut. She had it cut to above shoulder length, dyed brown and then straightened. Now it is about shoulder length and she still has it brown and straight. I am so sad that she didnt want to have it natural, I would pay a fortune to have mine like hers!!! When our girls get older, they will see the error of their ways!! until then, we have to live with it, and try to be supportive of their decisons(even if the are wrong!!!)
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    My DD is only 3 so I guess I've got all this to come yet. I'm really envious of her curly hair but I wouldn't mind betting that'll be the thing she hates about it. We're never satisfied are we. :)
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Your girls certainly have got beautiful hair, and I'm sure it still is, even in a different style.

I knew that my eldest grand-daughter was growing up when she asked for me to pay for highlights in her hair as a birthday present :!: :D ( She's 12)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    Options
    Their dad wasn't very impressed either to see their new hair cuts, especially our eldest - he told her off for having such a silly cut and is now wondering why she's not speaking to him *lol*.

I'm getting used to their hair, but I wish my little one still had long curly hair :-(

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh nina :(:(:(

I was the same as you...grew their hair....didnt let them have fringes......

Until they reached 12.

Then I said they could do what they wanted (not colours till 13). Fair broke my heart, but they all still have quite long hair now by choice and fashion. They are 15 and 15 sunday and 12. All girls too like you.

Having said that - you didn't have them for them to stay little did you?

You have been very brave and I am proud of you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thats the problem with hairdressers they like to get carried away.
    You could change the style like you suggested with clips etc. As long as you dont allow make-up and short skirts you will be okay I am sure. Underneath those pretty faces they are still the lovely girls you have brought up.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Ahhh, thanks - yes, I hope they'll stay good little girls :-) My youngest keeps swishing her hair about the place because it's now straight and it's still very much baby hair, so soft :-) I have to admit the style does suit her, her face looks even rounder. My middle one has decided she's sick of her style already and tied it back into a pony tail :-) My eldest is getting used to her fringe and side parting now, I think, she's told me she needs to "train" her hair to stay in the same style now (?)

Nx