The Earth always moved for me...

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 23. Apr 2010, 07:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Wow

Fancy that, us girls make the earth move? Right show a bit more leg girls when you think it is needed. :D

Trish

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Wow

Fancy that, us girls make the earth move? Right show a bit more leg girls when you think it is needed. :D

Trish

my husband always told me he made the earth move for me he was so wrong lol wait till i tell him
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is a war against women. I suppose as an earthquake is due soon they are hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone (but not literally I hope).

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Absolutely ridiculous, this kind of thing makes my blood boil, so I'm sorry, but I can't join in the teasing. This is oppression of women by men using the religion of Islam in a false way to keep them down. Wrong wrong wrong, pure and simple.
    :roll:
    Nx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Its a wonder he did not poke the finger at us westeners something else to blame us for.
    I never thought of us westoners makeing the earth move for the iranians. im not sure i like that idea.
    Its all potty i hope im not going to be sensored now for my views on this subject :roll: fromjoanne
    Joanne
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    suncatcher wrote:
    Its a wonder he did not poke the finger at us westeners something else to blame us for.
    I never thought of us westoners makeing the earth move for the iranians. im not sure i like that idea.
    Its all potty i hope im not going to be sensored now for my views on this subject :roll: fromjoanne
    The West will make the earth move for Iran, if the continue in their attempt to make a nuclear weapon then a couple of nukes from Israel/USA air burst over their nuclear facilities will rock their socks

And we all breath the fallout!. :shock:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Why are these clerics so afraid of women that they have to blame even natural disasters on them :?: Are they afraid of losing their power over women, so grasp at anything to reinforce their oppression :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    I agree absolutely Nina, it's the Fundamentalists that try to assert control over their women and politics.

It's all about the minority controlling the majority through influence in high places and that applies to the Christian movement too.

Personally I have no time for religion in any form but I respect the wishes of those that do as long as they don't try and ram their beliefs down my throat.
    But what is wrong with the the majority?
    Their silence tells me a lot!

I see no moderate muslims (who are British citizens) down at Wooten Basset, but their brothers the fundamentalists have made an appearance! :x and not out of respect for dead.

Isn't it time the majority got a bit more vocal?

Hi Rehab
    I did see an article about two muslims living in Wooten Basset who always pay their respects to the soldiers that have lost their lives.When the fundamentalists appeared in Luton they soon got opposed and it wont be long before they get the same short shrift in Wooten Basset I am sure,
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    It's always the few that spoil it for the many, I reckon. Most people have respect for the soldiers out there fighting on our behalf. I think it's always very sad when coffins come home, I can't imagine what the poor families go through, especially the children.

Going off tangent a bit - as I do often - this made me think of a fire in a Sikh temple a few months ago, will try to find the link to the article. The last Sikh Guru decreed that there would be ni Gurus after him and wrote the Guru Granth Sahib which Sikhs were to worship and follow after him. Sikhs worship this like a god, treat it as a real person, it is woken each morning and put to bed each night with prayers in it's own bed. There was a fire at a temple and it was an English firefighter who went into the burning building to save the bible. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck tingle - he respected other's beliefs so much that he risked his life for something which was only a book to him.

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Rehab

One or the other mate, their dirty bomb or our bomb

Hmm just make sure you get hold of some Iodine tablets before then, coz if the H bombs do start flying Iodine 131 is going to burn ouy ya thyroid very quickly not to mention the Strontium 90 that will irradiate all our bones!.
    I'm going to paint meself white to reflect the light pulse, better safe than sorry. :mrgreen:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Problem is we should have kept the cold war going,at least it kept the lid on things, now we have a hot religous war to deal with, this threat doesn't just effect us,we are all a target, Muslim Jew Christian alike, I just hope that one day soon the US works out that using and supporting violence to get its way in this world has deep consequences that take many many years to come to the surface, it’s what the CIA called blow back and this problem we all now face is a direct result of the Soviet Afghan war.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    It's always the few that spoil it for the many, I reckon. Most people have respect for the soldiers out there fighting on our behalf. I think it's always very sad when coffins come home, I can't imagine what the poor families go through, especially the children.

Nx

I went there when my son was brought home. I would not like to go again. I just could not move.

It was nice people cheering and welcoming them home but the lump in my throat was so big, I could not say thank you to them. I felt bad about that.

We did send a letter to the Mayor and asked him to thank the people for us.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    ninakang wrote:

Nx

I went there when my son was brought home. I would not like to go again. I just could not move.

It was nice people cheering and welcoming them home but the lump in my throat was so big, I could not say thank you to them. I felt bad about that.

We did send a letter to the Mayor and asked him to thank the people for us.

trisher i am sure they do not need words one look at your face will have told them all they needed to know
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Why oh why can't politicians and religious leaders just get on with each other instead of making all our lives so stressful, just one day a year would be nice, is it to much to ask!?.

Oh I just found this on the BBC news web site, says it all really!.

Islamists have warned the creators of TV show South Park they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of the US-based group, Revolution Muslim, told Matt Stone and Trey Parker they would "probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh".

You couldn't make it up could you!. :roll:
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Why oh why can't politicians and religious leaders just get on with each other instead of making all our lives so stressful, just one day a year would be nice, is it to much to ask!?.

Oh I just found this on the BBC news web site, says it all really!.

Islamists have warned the creators of TV show South Park they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of the US-based group, Revolution Muslim, told Matt Stone and Trey Parker they would "probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh".

You couldn't make it up could you!. :roll:
    Yes you could, the Roman Catholic Church and the life of Brian?

Ha you got me there rehab,!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Don't get me started rehab I'll go on for hours!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Can't coz I would get banished to the wilderness, plus I might just cause a small riot.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    26th April is Boobquake Day in protest at the Iranian clerics. Lethal weapons indeed!

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Boobquake_bid_to_prove_cleric_wrong

Should be a popular idea with some people I know!! :wink:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    Options
    Oh dear let us pray that the San Andreas fault doesnt object!!!!!!

This could backfire spectacularly.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    San Andrreas?, isn't he the brother of San Francisco??, Or was it San Fernando????? :mrgreen:
  • ninakang
    Options
    Thanks for that mental image, Rehab - much appreciated, went down really well with my cornflakes, that.

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Leave fat Kev's asre out of this!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I wouldn't touch it with a 10' disinfected barge pole :shock: