School cancelled.

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 22. Apr 2010, 03:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just had an Email to say sons school closed until the end of the week due to the stranded teachers.He had turned up to school on Tuesday but then we got asked to collect him cos school for his age group was cancelled.At the same time I was trying to sort Lucy out-her stomach was giving her problems and she didnt want to go to school- and I had an appointment at hospital so desperate to get ready and showered with all the phones going off, and had also arranged to look at one of the prospective schools for other son.
Had an ankle scan today so had to take son along. Thankfully no more appointments arranged for the rest of the week.
I dont mind as it means I dont have to help him with his homework but with appointments it did prove difficult. You cant just cancel a hospital appointment you have been waiting for.
Lucys school are being great and helping her through her problems thankfully but it is really getting me down seeing her so unhappy.
All the best
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry to hear that Elizabeth :( don't schools so like to complicate things :( they dont seem to care about us parents do they still as they say every cloud as a silver lining and at least you'll get some peace from school thinking they know best, i live on the Orkney islands don't know if you heard of them, but all planes are grounded since 12pm they were running a limited service and now back to square one :(:( i found out the info from facebook as my local radio stion posts on there, and also there's twitter

here's hoping they dont drive you too mad

take care

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yes there is a shortage of teachers due to the volcanic ash.The older ones have to go to school but son is in year 7 so I think they are concerntrating all teachers for the exam kids.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    i live reasonably near Heathrow and it has been so quiet this past week. Saw a few plane fumes today up in the sky but not as many as I expected. much rather live on the Orkney Isles.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I live on the flight path of Heathrow also Gatwick airports.

It has been weird not hearing the planes. Normally this time of the year you can see the planes every two minutes. Also you hear smaller planes.

The worst planes used to be Concord what a noise that used to make.

At the moment I can hear planes they are not the 747's as they are too quiet but there are planes up there.

Trish xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

Oh that's not fair as you say if you got appointments its going to make it a bit harder.....

I am sorry about Lucy as well and though I can't really help I am sending you support and a hope they help ((( ))) Cris xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

Just sending my best wishes too

Nx
  • tkachev
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth

I live on the flight path of Heathrow also Gatwick airports.

It has been weird not hearing the planes. Normally this time of the year you can see the planes every two minutes. Also you hear smaller planes.

The worst planes used to be Concord what a noise that used to make.

At the moment I can hear planes they are not the 747's as they are too quiet but there are planes up there.

Trish xx

Thankyou for your best wishes girls.Going to write a list of symptoms for the doctor to see if there is any new medication for her as movicol and lactoluse just arent helping and she hates them so often only takes a few sips.
    Hi Trisher
    I also live very near to Northholt airport and you get low flying smaller planes all the time but that has been strangely quiet too.
    Hope you are well and recovering from hand operation okay.
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein