A watched washing machine never...boils

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 23. Apr 2010, 14:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am sitting here in the kitchen waiting for the washing machine to finish so I can unload it and watch the Life of Riley with a peaceful mind (I can't sit and relax if there's anything that needs doing). I put a load on at 6pm when we got back from swimming, didn't put it on before we went swimming because I thought I'd put in our swimming cossies too. Stupid idea. There's only 3 minutes left and the stupid thing is still on it's last spin cycle. I'm sure it goes slower when it knows I'm waiting for it. If I put it on before I go out, I'm SURE it finishes a load of washing within 20 minutes, simply because I'm not there watching it, willing it to go faster!

WHEN did I turn into this person? Oh **** it, I'm going to watch the Life of Riley and unload the machine after!

Nx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Nina you watch your program....I know what you mean, when I am waiting for mine to finish, the door lock seems to take forever to open...I could kick it :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • ninakang
    Options
    Sorry :oops: Forgot about that thread!

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My washing machine sometimes get stuck on 9 mins left. You look at it and think thats still 9 mins, I am sure it was 9 mins ages ago, this is a long minute. Sometimes I think I am going a little doolally and am seeing things!

You are like me Nina, I cant settle for the nice things in life if there is something that needs doing. I am known to wash up before I eat my dinner so it is all tidy.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I wash up before I eat my dinner too! I wash up bits and pieces while waiting for the kettle to boil. Also, if I've been cooking and the pot is simmering, I will wipe down all surfaces while I wait for it to finish cooking. The kitchen is always cleaner when I've finished cooking than before I started :-)

Glad I'm not the only one!

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Snap Nina...that is so cool,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Our washer is on a timer and starts at 04:30. I don't care what time it finishes or gets stuck.
    f030.gif
    Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif