My Rheumy is retiring!

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 23. Apr 2010, 03:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Since I was diagnosed 15 years ago I have had the same Rheumatologist. He is fantastic. He always listens and gives his support to any 'crack-pot' idea I may think of ...."Do you think running around an oak tree at 3am on the night of the full moon will help?"..."If you think it will try it!" -Really not as crackpot as that but I have come up with a few over the years.
So now he is leaving us and I feel as if I am losing a dear friend. When I had my youngest he came to find me on the post-natal ward only to be told I was still in surgery. He has listened to me rant when my Ex run-off because he couldn't cope with my illness (lucky him- he had a choice!) and comforted me when I told him I was worried that I wasn't being as good a Mother to my youngest as I had the older two because of my limited movement, strength etc. As he said RA doesn't stop your ability to love.
I know that I will get another Rheumy but whoever takes over the care of his patients has a very large pair of shoes to fill.

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Kate

What a shame. It is always the way is'nt it? You get so used to some doctors because you have been with them for a long while they seem like extended family.

I do hope that you get someone nice when he has gone. It will not be the same though until you have been going for a while.

Trish x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hey I am sorry that you are sad that yours is retiring ......... I can understand the frustration and worry that may cause you.

personally I have heard a rumour that mine is retiring and well if it is true then the flags will be out :wink: but that is just one person and he does drive the nurses mad too ...... but again I don't know what I will get to replace him ..... and it could be worse :shock: but I really don't think so.

hugs & I hope your new rheumy will become just as good a friend to you.
    WOnky xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Kate,

What a lovely man. He will be a hard act to follow. Lets just hope your next rheummy is caring and efficient.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein