Tub thumpin!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 24. Apr 2010, 07:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Happy St Georges day all you lot!.
Time to get the flags out go into Walingford and drink wife beater all day, and then finish off the days Revelry by taking part in ye olde lights out punching ceremony, held anually in the town square near the keebab van.
Just remember It always kicks off just after last order, and don't forget free B&B is supplied by Thames Valley Police and or the John Radclif Hospital.:mrgreen:

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy St. George's Day to you, but I think I'll give the B&B a miss, if you don't mind :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Happy St Georges day. OH has gone out drinking in London. I do not know when and if he will return.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Happy St Georges day to you mell...scary how things have gone...think I will celebrate at home.. :)
    Barbara
    Love
    Barbara
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Happy St George's Day everyone. I have been invited out drinking with the people from work but... don't have the energy - must be coming down with something.

I have a friend coming over instead and we'll toast St George with glasses of wine instead :-)

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Pah!

St George - A Turk in the Roman Army who never set foot in England and a by product of a corrupt religious order who condone the abuse of choirboys and the torture of schoolgirls.

I'd happily celebrate an English Pride day to celebrate all that is good about this country but not otherwise.

Oh now you have really spoiled it thanks very fecking much!, anyway how do you know all this is has he got his own facebook page then!??? :mrgreen: on radio 4 they said he was frm Palastine?.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Mell and all,

Happy St George's Day from me :D

Well whoever he was, I kinda think of it as English Pride Day so have been wearing me England garb today. :D

Mind I made a right twit of meself last year. As a token protest at working with (too many Baltic cousins!! - hope I am allowed to say that well tough I've done it now :? ) Went to work in me English shirt, waving me little flag only to discover that the very same George is the Patron Saint of Lithuania too!! :oops: :?

Seems we can't even have a decent Saint to ourselves these days!!! :x :x

Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Happy St Georges Day :)

Trish
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I blame the EU, even our saints have to be twinned with someone else!

St Peter fror example has been twinned with a Mr Herbert K Grudgefuddock from Poole :shock:

Oh thats great not only have they taken our pounds and gallons now they take our saint's, next it will be Germans and Greeks for our royal family!, where will it all end I wonder!. :shock:
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Happy St Georges Day, celebrating with a good ole cuppa cha and a cuddle with me dad's dog whose with me for a stopover.

Can't beat it.

Pluggxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi happy st georges day went for a drink from work to celibrate . now home having cup of tea lol left fellas drinking
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    In an atempt to get me post back on track is there anyone we can call English who isn't from a foreign blood line!?, that includes me my lot came over in the Norman invasion to kick you lot about so I'm French, well a little bit of me is, I think that's why I like garlic!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Good god no pixy the Welsh are really more true old English than me, it's where the last of Bodicca's army fecked off to after them nasty romans got all upset wiv them for burning all their houses and stuff.
    Anyway where was I oh yes, just bin into Wallingford and the St georges day festivaties are in full swing and the heavy drinking has already started so it looks like the olde lights out punching ceremony will kick off early again this year. So I'm going to sit out in me back garden and wait to hear sirens that will probably start around 2.