Elevating Sofa

Options
sharmaine
sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
edited 24. Apr 2010, 04:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

You may recall me mentioning that I had ordered sofa legs as I wanted to make it easier for me to sit and get up from. The previous feet on our sofa were about 1" in height. The ones I ordered are 4" in height. I am thrilled with them and getting up is so much easier.

I purchased them from www.sofalegs.co.uk. I had to buy ten for our 2 seater and 3 seater settee and it with postage it came to about £85.00. They have a great selection of sofa/chair legs and the ones I purchased are very elegantly turned in mahogany.

They are screw in legs and you have to ensure the diameter of the screw is correct. You can always contact by phone/email if you have any queries.

We are very pleased with them as they fit in nicely with the rest of our furniture and it means I am comfortable! :D

Sharmaine

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks Sharmaine

I was waiting to hear how you got on with the new legs. thanks for the link.
    I will take a peek as getting off the chair, sofa is pretty difficult now and I didn't want the horrible OT ones (much as I love my OT her 'legs' are horrible...if you know what I mean ha ha!)

thanks for remembering!

Iris x
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Iris

No problem. It means the hoover can get under the sofa now!
    They look great too! OH normally had to give me a hand up from the sofa but now I can do it by myself with little effort. It saves having to fork out for a new suite that we didnt' need.

Sharmaine
    X
    dorcas wrote:
    Thanks Sharmaine

I was waiting to hear how you got on with the new legs. thanks for the link.
    I will take a peek as getting off the chair, sofa is pretty difficult now and I didn't want the horrible OT ones (much as I love my OT her 'legs' are horrible...if you know what I mean ha ha!)

thanks for remembering!

Iris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine, sounds like they are well worth the research, measuring, fitting and expense.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine sounds like you have cracked it, I must say the web is a wonderful thing, just imagine what problems you would have say 20 years ago, now you just Googled sofa legs and up comes a web site that makes them that's amazing in my eyes. :mrgreen:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI
    That sounds better than the ones I've seen that OT provide. You must be pleased be able to get up easily. It's always a worry, when you buy aids and getting the right thing to help you is the important to your independance! Love Sue
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Speedalong

When you have arthur anything that makes life easier is a bonus!
    These days I can't trail around the shops so the internet is my salvation.

Sharmaine

speedalong wrote:
    Hi Sharmaine, sounds like they are well worth the research, measuring, fitting and expense.

Speedalong
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Mellman

The legs have made a tremendous difference. When the timecomes to replace the suite I'll be more careful and select something that is higher. It's the same with cars being at a height is more comfy.

Sharmaine

mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Sharmaine sounds like you have cracked it, I must say the web is a wonderful thing, just imagine what problems you would have say 20 years ago, now you just Googled sofa legs and up comes a web site that makes them that's amazing in my eyes. :mrgreen:
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Sue

I'm thinking ahead for my next TKR it was hard work getting comfy on the sofa at the previous level and just raising it has made life easier. The first 2 weeks after my op OH had to help me get on the settee and off it. You're so right a bit of independance is important.

I just need to find an aid to help me tidy up the bottom cupboards as bending is tough! :lol:

Sharmaine
    woodbon wrote:
    HI
    That sounds better than the ones I've seen that OT provide. You must be pleased be able to get up easily. It's always a worry, when you buy aids and getting the right thing to help you is the important to your independance! Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine

They sound really good an so much better than the ones we get from the Social serviceOT!!!

I am glad for you. Doent height make a huge difference?? Wish someone had the sense to make things higher in teh first place!! :wink:

Loos too :wink:

Love

Toni xx