this week

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 24. Apr 2010, 11:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi dont know if i have discovered something that seems to help me with my arthritis in my knees, but its been cold here but sunny and that hasn't stopped me, now the sun shining it makes you feel much better and also arthur seems to be giving peace while i am wearing my knee supports.

i have had to ware them in bed as well and it seems to of helped with the pain, dont know if its a good period i going through or what but it so nice not to have as much pain. :D:D:D:D [/img]
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi only49

Yes, I agree the sunshine makes us all feel better. I've been cleaning things today! House looks lovely now! OH vacuumed for me.

Do you find the knee supports help you? I had a TKR (11 weeks ago) and will have the other leg done within the year (I hope). I find that the unoperated leg is worse if I try to walk any distance and I tend to drag it along with me. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your supports from?

If they help with the pain then I'm all for it!

You sound cheery!

Take care.
    Sharmaine

only49 wrote:
    hi dont know if i have discovered something that seems to help me with my arthritis in my knees, but its been cold here but sunny and that hasn't stopped me, now the sun shining it makes you feel much better and also arthur seems to be giving peace while i am wearing my knee supports.

i have had to ware them in bed as well and it seems to of helped with the pain, dont know if its a good period i going through or what but it so nice not to have as much pain. :D:D:D:D [/img]
  • only49
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi only49

Yes, I agree the sunshine makes us all feel better. I've been cleaning things today! House looks lovely now! OH vacuumed for me.

Do you find the knee supports help you? I had a TKR (11 weeks ago) and will have the other leg done within the year (I hope). I find that the unoperated leg is worse if I try to walk any distance and I tend to drag it along with me. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your supports from?

If they help with the pain then I'm all for it!

You sound cheery!

Take care.
    Sharmaine

only49 wrote:

hi got them from lidl the ones i waring i also in the past purchased from boots and also i think i seen them in wisebuys and i think you can by them online as well, i have a look online to see if there anywhere else an post it here.
  • only49
    Options
    hi i just had a look on ebay you can get them from there really reasonable might be worth a look
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I think its been a long winter this year and the spring seemed to take forever to come, but now its really getting into gear. :)

I'm sorry, I might have spoilt it for everyone, though, we bought a parasol today, so thats really tempting fate. :shock:

Love Sue xxx
  • only49
    Options
    hi still working well me wearing my knee supports not had to have any tablets so far today, :):):) been out to the chemist today as i needed to get some 6+ tablets for my son as he was suffering a bit from what he calls a sore tooth, gave him a dose for his age as well as some ibuprofen and now he feeling better, :D:D so we all ok in our household, arthur dont seem to be annoying me as long as i keep him nice a cosy.
    not sure how long it will last but i going to enjoy it while it does :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi only49. Yes, knee supports can be good but beware - wearing them too much can lead to muscle weakness and the knee not supporting itself properly. I wore them post-operatively, and when going into town where I would be walking a fair bit. I would also wear them if going out in the evening where a lot of sitting would be required. I have PA, my knees would swell with inflammation and I found that many supports were not big enough, even the XL size. Tubigrip was useful, apart from the fact it would roll itself into a fat sausage above the joint and make everything more painful! Do isometric exercises to strengthen the muscles around the joint, sleep with a pillow to support the knees, rather than wearing supports - you're resting then, not exercising. Your knees will become lazy! I got the best ones ever from my physio at hospital - they were made in Germany, £85 each, lots more now! I occasionally use neoprene ones from my local chemist, £6.50 each. Much more reasonable. Take care. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben