Saying Hi from a Newbie

Options
ladypea
ladypea Member Posts: 25
edited 2. May 2010, 09:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi Everyone

Eventhough I am familiar with this website, I have only recently found this forum and after reading some posts, decided to join all you inspirational people.

I ran the 5k last year and raised some money for Arthritis Care. I started training in December with the hope of doing the 10k (for AC again) and that's when the pain and stiffness started in my hands/wrists. Followed by a couple of months worth of blood tests before being officially being diagnosed with RA :(

RA and OA are already in my family but as a regular gym goer and runner this came as a complete shock to me.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi ladypea
    a very warm welcome to this really friendly site,I also went to the gym for years...so it was a shock to me when I started with OA.
    You come and join us in chit chat, and have a laugh with us.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi ladypea

Sorry to see that, do hope they can get the RA at a managable level for you soon. I'm sure it is a frustrating time for you having the diagnosis but do hope you find this site as helpful and supportive as I have done. Just wanted to call in and say welcome and I hope to see you posting again soon.
    take care
    Chris x
  • ladypea
    Options
    Hi Barbara & Chris

Thanks for the welcome. I sure will join in with the various discussions.

Lady
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    h010.gif Hi ladypea, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you have had this diagnosis, after all your efforts and support for arthritis care. I hope you enjoy the forum and call in the cafe for chats and gossip. Take care, xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Ladypea

I've already met you on some of the other forums I am sure :D

Just wanted to welcome you from me too.

Looking forward to seeing more of you
    Love

Toni xx
  • ladypea
    Options
    Hello there Bubbles and hi again Toni

I'm loving the forum and am glad that I joined up. :D I feel more than welcome and will be joining in all the chat and as well as the serious stuff.

Best wishes to you both.

Ladypea
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Ladypea

Just popped in to say a warm welcome too.

The people on here are nice friendly people. We try to support one another as well.

Well, I do hope you like us and hope to see you posting soon. :wink:

Love Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i was doing keep fit twice a day before arther raised his head now it takes me all my time to work 4 hours a day . but will get stronger and win. welcome you will love it on here so many great people
    val
  • ladypea
    Options
    Hiya Trish and Val

I'm a big believer in giving and receiving . I find the people on this forum are also like this with their support and advice, so I am feeling at home.

I love it here already :lol: I've laughed, cried and felt the pain but most of all I'm not gonna let arther get me down :!:

Ladypea
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Ladypea :D

Welcome from me too. This site can become addictive but a harmless addiction I think you would agree :wink::lol::lol:

Never joined a gym or been a fan of running - knees were never keen on that :lol: but enjoy hooping daily, :wink: ride my bicycle and do stretching exercises for about half an hour 6 days a week - oh yes, and 10 minutes on the exercise bike daily. Sure it has helped me to keep going.

Congratulations on raising money for AC with the 5K run last year.

Look forward to seeing you posting more around the different zones,

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.