Diet Supplements specifically CMO?

Options
malteaser
malteaser Member Posts: 10
edited 24. Apr 2010, 12:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I seem to be on a never ending search to find something that will ease the morning pain of RA.

We've tried high dose glucosamine (sp) for months which seemed to do nothing, we are now trying a mix msm, condrotin and the glucosamine.

I just wondered if anyone has tried the CMO? It seems to crop up a lot on an American forum, but does look a little costly. :?: :roll:

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry no. If you decide to give it a try, let us know how you get on.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi malteaser

I havent tried that at all. In fact I ahvent tried any supplements or dietary things.

I too would be very interested to see how you get on.

Wouldnt it be lovely if tehre really was something eh?

Good luck

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How about a stiff gin and co-codamol?! Seriously, I have had no luck with supplements, although rosehip capsules did work for a while. I got mine from Healthspan in Guernsey (or is it Jersey - can never remember) and they have been proven to help reduce the swelling and pain associated with RA. (Danish and Dutch studies, I think). I have PA, which is slightly different. I also find doing gentle stretching exercises in bed before rising can sometimes help. Sleeping with a pillow under your knees (if they are the affected area) can also help to reduce discomfort during the night. regards, Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • malteaser
    Options
    We're not having much luck with supplements either, but I've never heard of rose hip :) Keen to try out some things to see if it eases a little.

CMO seems to be a mainly USA thing, I can't help thinking if it was such a miracle cure more people would be taking it, I'll give it more thought.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi. Look up Healthspan for the rosehip. They sell better quality stuff at much cheaper prices than Holland and Barret. Or Barrett. Or Baret. Can't remember! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • malteaser
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hi. Look up Healthspan for the rosehip. They sell better quality stuff at much cheaper prices than Holland and Barret. Or Barrett. Or Baret. Can't remember! Dreamdaisy

I will do for the rosehip, for the general cod liver oil and glucosamine I've also found Costco to be superb.