Talk the Talk

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 25. Apr 2010, 15:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Time for a rant!

I am self employed & currently working for a large financial company. We have a new guy to the team(not the company) as manager & in 3 weeks he has alianated the whole team including his boss. He has all the latest buzz words:

It's a good story
It's a bad story (turned good sometimes)
I'll take that on board

Word on the street is he is a snake, watch your back & this has proved to be true.

We have an offshore team who are hopeless and it's getting worse. On Monday we had a 1-2-1 told me great jon blah blah blah, I am running the team basically. Today I have found out he is saying (not to my face) that I am too hard on people. Wait for this.....

If someone does something wrong (this happens repeatedly) I shouldn't say that is wrong But good effort however, if you had done this that and the other. I will not and cannot suger coat or cover up incompetence & laziness. This to end a week where I have been doing 10/11 hour days, which I don't get paid for.

I decided today to work to rule & let him do some work, needless to say he has done it all wrong. My work to rule is going to continue for the next couple of weeks, I think.

Anyway rant over, thanks for listening.

anne

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anne

Good for you. As long as this will not give you headaches in the future and you do not need to srt it all out then carry on doing what you are doing.

Stick to your guns :D I would do exactly what you have done.

You have to work all those hours and no pay?? Would this person have to do the same?

Well it is nice to hear from you. How are you feeling? I hope you are alright.

Love Trish xxx
  • annebr
    Options
    Trisher,

He really doesn't have a clue and he has been caught out doing a couple of things to me & his boss, who has agreed (quietly) to the work to rule.

No extra money regardless of the hours I work. I am good at my job, the reason I have run my own company for 14 years and have never had any problems getting work.

Allan isn't happy about the extra hours as I am constantly tired and he is worried about the impact to my health.

He really has chosen the wrong person to cross swords with!!

Anne
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    OOOPPPSS

Well, he has picked on the wrong one.

I can understand Allan as well. He thinkks well loves you and it must be hard on him in a way.

He sees you when you are unwell, it must worry him, he is concerned about you. Before Christmas you had been really unwell hadn't you?......he does not want to see you unwell again.

It is long hours Anne, just try not to over do it. Rest when you can won't you?

Good luck though Anne, pop in when you can.

love Trish xxxxxxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    there is one of those every where, think the places can not function with out them guess what it can .good for you the breather in hours will do you good the stress will set arther off so do not get stressed over it get even.
    they have already shown they can not cope so stay with the plan and see what happens if they get paid they should do the work
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Well done for the work to rule, I hope it makes them soon release and maybe appreciate you a bit more. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi Anne

good for you girl!!

I hope it works out and the upstart swallows his words :x grrr!!!

I hope you will be telling us so very very soon :D

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    every workplace has one!
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Anne

You stick to your guns with this idiot and carry on doing what you have been. He'll shoot himself properly in the foot before long.

Thinking about it, he's probably been bad mouthing you because deep down he recognises that you would do his job (and have been doing) better than him. Being the snake that he is, instead of trying to learn from you and be a better boss, he's trying to make you look bad.

Too many of this kind of person in the world!

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    A boss creates fear, a leader confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested in himself or herself, a leader is interested in the group.
    -- Russel H. Ewing.

Well said

perhaps ann you could put thsi up on the wall????

Love

Toni xx
  • annebr
    Options
    He tried to be sugary sweet always positive but you know behind it all he is plotting.

Last week I instigated a game of 'Buzz Word Bingo' and it caused much hilarity when I stood up at 3 o'clock and shouted house.

All of the team treat me as team lead & are quite happy & they hate him as much as I do and have joined in the work to rule. The offshore team on the other hand hate me as I have outed them for being lazy but he is siding with them. His problem he should have tried to keep the team who do the work onside not vice versa.

I have never delibratly tried to stop a release but I will be sticking to 9-5 for the next couple of weeks & I am sure that it won't go in.

Anne
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    [/quote]

Indeed there are, pompous alpha males who are so far up their own **** they can only see daylight through their nose, no names no pack drill :D:D:D[/quote]

Rehab

I'm going to stop reading your posts if you're going to carry on putting images like THAT into my mind!

Nx