What are you doing on this fine sunny day...

Options
pluggathome
pluggathome Member Posts: 171
edited 25. Apr 2010, 16:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning all :D

I can't believe this is the third saturday on the trot where have lovely weather. 8) 8)

So...what are you up you...

Well first order of the day was me lie in - tick
Lazy breakfast with a lovely cuppa - tick
Walk the dog, she's a good girl, no pulling - this is next

then

Pot some plants and seeds, have you seen the price of salad these days! My cucumbers are about 7mm long at the mo

then

Lay lino in the bathroom - bones permitting.

then

Pub for tea

Whatever you're doing today have a lovely day,enjoy the sun if you can and with a bit of luck all of our problem friends will chill out too.

Pluggxx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :D:D Enjoy your day, Plugg. Sounds interestingly varied :D:lol::lol:

I shall be boarding a train at midday and meeting up with a really good friend, having a liquid lunch and a good old natter for a some hours. :D Last time we met up was at the end of last year. :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    When the weather is bad i can think of things to do....but now its nice i cant!..should i go to the park,the seaside etc etc.........
    might just relax in back garden.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    On this fine and sunny day, I have the washing pegged out (it's dry but can't be @rsed to bring it all in), the housework is done, the girls have been to ballet and I've done the food shopping and had lunch...

We were thinking of going into town but it looks like another lovely afternoon sitting in the garden with my girlies. We're going to the cinema tonight to watch "It's a Wonderful Afterlife". Hubby's off to a boys' night out - he makes me laugh. He gets dragged along to these things but he doesn't drink, gets bored and is usually home by 9:30 :-)

Nx

PS - it's lovely when the weather is consistently nice, isn't it? I've washed everything I can possibly think of on previous weekends so now all that's left is to enjoy it!
  • oneday
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    On this fine and sunny day, I have the washing pegged out (it's dry but can't be @rsed to bring it all in), the housework is done, the girls have been to ballet and I've done the food shopping and had lunch...

We were thinking of going into town but it looks like another lovely afternoon sitting in the garden with my girlies. We're going to the cinema tonight to watch "It's a Wonderful Afterlife". Hubby's off to a boys' night out - he makes me laugh. He gets dragged along to these things but he doesn't drink, gets bored and is usually home by 9:30 :-)

Nx

PS - it's lovely when the weather is consistently nice, isn't it? I've washed everything I can possibly think of on previous weekends so now all that's left is to enjoy it!

sound like me, looking for extra washing as it will dry fast!
    I have washed all bedding etc....
    even gave inside of car a wipe over.....
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    All my washing is done and I've been packing ready to go on hols on Monday. I can't wait! I hope the weather keeps up a bit longer for me. Fingers crossed. :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    All my washing is done and I've been packing ready to go on hols on Monday. I can't wait! I hope the weather keeps up a bit longer for me. Fingers crossed. :D

have crossed fingers for you have great time
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    DI BLOODY Y :roll:

Julie :cry:
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • oneday
    Options
    Hi Plugg!!

Well, I hope your day went according to plan :D And hope everyone else had a great day 8)

What is it with us women and washing? :? On a day like this, anything not nailed down gets chucked in the washer!!!!! :shock: The dogs weren't too thrilled, being hung up by their ears to dry :mrgreen: Just kidding!!!!! :lol::lol:

Wonder how many of us have gone a bit bonkers, and overdone things though :roll: :roll: :roll:

You just can't help it on days like today :D

another one...do you like house extra tidy,jobs all done befoe going on holidays as well?!!

Lynn xxxx
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    OK then ladies, did we run out of washing powder or what!!

Bess, well, she enjoyed the walk once we got going. She actually stood in the middle of the road at one point and slammed on the ankers and gave me that look that said 'i'd rather be sleeping in the sun'. She has never done this before! It's not like I was running her round the block :lol:

The lino is down and looking very good even if I do say so meself. Knees shot to bits mind you and hands a grumbling but guess what .... I DONT CARE!.....I'm glad i did it :D Me bathroom's beginning to look good, it's been an ongoing project for some years now.

The day went to plan until it came to going to the pub for tea. Why you ask because this was the nice bit of the day. Well husband had his botty in his hand and I refused to spend money on a nice tea whilst looking at a sulky face! Hmph! :shock:

Hope you all had a good day.

Pluggx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Plug - he had his WHAT in his hand???!

Going swimming is a joy in this weather - all that lovely sunshine to come out to. I wash everything I can possibly think of in this weather too, but am gutted I forgot to do the girls' soft toys. The neighbours are always very amused to see a line of assorted teddies on the line (also hanging by their ears). Let's hope next weekend is just as nice so I can do those then.

Had a lovely day yesterday too- the film was OK but I won't recommend it to anyne. It was supposed to be a black comedy, but I thought it was very inappropriate in places and I also kind of wish I hadn't taken my 6 year old as she spent a lot of the film trying to hide behind me!

Nx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I have been sorting out old toys. and tidying the garden. My sons had a lovely day playing out. We have caught the sun and i felt great being out side. 8) 8) 8) :D:D
    I spent the afternoon in pain and was so tired :(
    I feel i have accumplished something today the garden looks great. :D:D
    My daughter cooked a lovely dinner which was ready for me when i finished the garden bless her. :D
    Joanne