too many tablets

Options
deborahjane
deborahjane Member Posts: 120
edited 24. Apr 2010, 08:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
i take methx sulph diclof co dydromal and lanzoph plus folic acid all for ra.i have been taking them for 15 years except methx 4 years,does any one else take this amount,especially methx and sulphalzine i havnt really heard of anyone who takes both it seems to be one or the other. :roll:

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i take methx sulph diclof co dydromal and lanzoph plus folic acid all for ra.i have been taking them for 15 years except methx 4 years,does any one else take this amount,especially methx and sulphalzine i havnt really heard of anyone who takes both it seems to be one or the other. :roll:
    Hi deborahjane
    I've found that finding the right meds is a constant mix and match juggling act! I took sulpha and meths (and diclofenac) together for a number of years in combination with other meds too at various times - it just seems to me to be a case of finding the right combination of drugs to keep arther under control as well as possible while balancing the side effects. You don't say in your post whether your RA is well controlled on these meds - but hopefully it is and you have found the combination that works for you. :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Here's my list. Currently on humira, methotrexate, sulphasalazine, naproxen, omeprazole, alendronic acid, oral steroids, co-codamol, tramadol and have oromorph as a last resort for pain. I also have asthma meds (2 inhalers) and I'm supposed to be on BP meds too but I stopped taking them cos I feel 'better' without them. It seems to me that taking one drug leads to taking others, e.g., on alendronic acid due to the steroids, on omeprazole and docusate due to the naproxen - the omep and naprox also lead to oral thrush, which NOTHING shifts! The alendronic acid is a weekly tablet, I rarely take the tramadol, haven't used the oromorph in over a year, but I know it's there. Meth is weekly, humira fortnightly, the rest daily, tho I'm trying to cut out the steroids. If they go, the alendronic goes too. Hurrah! And the bruising will also disappear! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben