The worst way you were ever dumped

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 25. Apr 2010, 04:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
Don't think we've ever covered past relationships in the year I've been coming on here. I was just curious - what's the worst date experience you've ever had or the worst way someone finished with you?

My all time worst one was when I wasn't even dumped - he just stopped bothering! Honestly, it gradually dawned on me he was avoiding me and not returning my calls. He never explained it, just stopped seeing me without telling me. Took me months to get over. even when I think about it now, it hurts a little that I was that insignificant. I can honestly say that I would rather have been told I was too fat and ugly than that :(

How about everyone else? Come on, let's talk relationship disasters!

Nx

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rejection is a very difficult lesson to learn

It's very difficult to cease a relationship, or it use to be when I was younger, long time ago. Kids do it differently these days, they send text messages.

I think my worst rejection was when my first husband cleared off with his secretary.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Nina.
    i have'nt had a boy friend.
    i only had time for horse's and dogs i never thought about anything else.
    i was gone 40 when i stopped riding by then i was happy on my own.
    i have a lot of friends.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Nina, I had a boyfriend who was in the RAF and he got posted to Germany and I couldn't go. The last time we saw each other was at the train station and we both knew we were not going to see each other again, It was very emotional and sad, I was heart broken comming home on the bus.
    When my sons da left I didn't feel anything well maybe relief.
    I'm much better on my own can have a good row with myself :)

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    when bf went back to previous girlfriend!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Never got pushed Nina

I always JUMPED!!!

Love

Toni xx

Joan - you might have been on to something there :wink:
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Boy did I get dumped! Many moons ago a boyfriend of mine emigrated with his family and I only found out the day before he was going. Felt pretty bad for a while but then decided I would never do anything to hurt someone like that. Changed my mind when I had been going out with the new boyfriend for about three months and a mutual friend told me he was married. I was so angry, arranged an evening at a small country restaurant and I was driving. After dinner I produced a brown paper bag with eye holes cut out of it and asked him to wear it because I didnt want to be seen out with a married man. He was totally speechless. I then went to the ladies room and left taking the car and leaving him stranded. Thought he could have phoned his wife to pick him up. Boy did I feel good.
    Trisha
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I think you guys remember the Christmas I had last year so I won't repeat that one. :| Can't wait for everything to be settled so I can actually move on. These things take so long... :roll:
  • c4thyg
    Options
    Boy did I get dumped! Many moons ago a boyfriend of mine emigrated with his family and I only found out the day before he was going. Felt pretty bad for a while but then decided I would never do anything to hurt someone like that. Changed my mind when I had been going out with the new boyfriend for about three months and a mutual friend told me he was married. I was so angry, arranged an evening at a small country restaurant and I was driving. After dinner I produced a brown paper bag with eye holes cut out of it and asked him to wear it because I didnt want to be seen out with a married man. He was totally speechless. I then went to the ladies room and left taking the car and leaving him stranded. Thought he could have phoned his wife to pick him up. Boy did I feel good.
    Trisha

Outstanding!
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    I think you guys remember the Christmas I had last year so I won't repeat that one. :| Can't wait for everything to be settled so I can actually move on. These things take so long... :roll:

And what a little star you have been Cathy......Much love to you and Megan.........Ange.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    the lad i going to marry started talking about married woman this when cbs were all the rage lol and got the idea he was mad about her lol .so told him to **** off and her if she ever hurt him would smack her one lol(was very young at the time) it took some getting over but would never of worked out we were both born under the sign of taurus . you live and learn
    val
  • c4thyg
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    c4thyg wrote:

And what a little star you have been Cathy......Much love to you and Megan.........Ange.

Ange, I would be happy to move on now if it wasn't for all the nastiness associated with divorce proceedings. After my date that didn't happen I think I'm just going to have to wait until everything is finalised. It's a shame though.

Saying that I am taking Meg on holiday on Monday and my parents will be there to baby sit if I happen to find a holiday romance! Fingers crossed for some fun that stays on holiday! :D
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I was going out with a vegatrarian asthmatic, I am a smoking meat eater! He came from a family with money but they were very tight wouldn't spend a penny f they could avoid it. It was serious though talking about long term plans.

One Sunday afternoon he took me to the park & dumped me because........

......I couldn't ride a bike!

We weren't young 30 at the time & the whole time I had known not once had he been on a bike!

About 10 days later he contacted me to say he was seeing a mutual aquaintance, they are now married. When I see them on the street they both turn away as if I have done something wrong.

A lucky escape though, as he tried to be controlling and he isn't aging well. Plus (and this is bitchy) the last time I seen him a few months ago he was wearing the same trousers & jacket from 10 years ago.

Anne
  • c4thyg
    Options
    Anne, I can't ride a bike either. Never been dumped for that one though. Sounds like a lucky escape to me.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    anne if that best excuse he could come up with be glad you got away lol and no dress sence lol he knew you were to good for him
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Trisha

Well done, Trisher :!: :D Don't get mad, get even, as they say :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Trisha

Well done, Trisher :!: :D Don't get mad, get even, as they say :!:

Excellent Trisha!!!

and Cathy

have abrilliant holiday - you deserve it :D

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I once triple booked myself cos I didnt want to hurt anyone so agreed to all 3 dates.So one weekend i was supposed to be meeting one in Bristol and go out in Wales for the night, one in Whitby and one in Bournemouth all at the same time. I ended going to Bournemouth having got a call from him while I was on my way to the Bristol guy.Got to his house, started to drive to the pub with him and he dumped me.He must have known! I then drove like a maniac (to scare him). He had white knuckles by the time I finished the journey.

Later that evening he said he had made a mistake and wanedt to carry on the relationship.It didnt last much longer though.
    Oh yes i have mentioned before the valentines flowers followed by an admission that hubby was having an affair!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • c4thyg
    Options
    I'm now considering celibacy of a viable option. So much easier if you don't have to rely on anyone.

At least the date this week was cancelled by me. It became obvious that he was only interested in the way I looked and didn't want to know who I was. I hate superficial people. Grrr. :x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    I'm now considering celibacy of a viable option. So much easier if you don't have to rely on anyone.

At least the date this week was cancelled by me. It became obvious that he was only interested in the way I looked and didn't want to know who I was. I hate superficial people. Grrr. :x

There is a lot to be said for celibacy Cathy!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein