Inflamatory arthritis/feeling unwell

Options
weesabetty
weesabetty Member Posts: 14
edited 29. Apr 2010, 05:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I am waiting to see a rheumatologist as my inflamation rate in my blood plasma was very high and my Dr no longer thinks I have Fibromyalgia,I saw a physio who seems to think it could be RA,I feel generally unwell most of the time,exhausted sometimes nauseous just not well,do any of you feel like this,I am begining to think it is something more sinister, Jan

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jan,

I am sorry your feeling so bad at the moment. I really hope they are referering you to a rumo asap there? I feel that bad if i am in a flare and don't rest enough and well its really horrible to feel it as well. I so hope you will get some real help soon and in the mean time listen to your body and just go easy for a bit till you have been seen and they have an idea what is really going on there. I hope you will soon feel better and sending you a ((( ))). Take care Cris
  • mirendou
    mirendou Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Jan I like you was diagnose with FM first off and then 7 years ago was given RA as well, didnt doctor tell you you can have both but he maybe didnt know.
    Yes babe you will feel realy crap but it ussually is like we all get a flare up I am haveing one at the mo so we do sometimes think god this is something worse but your blood readings tell you its not so dont worry wait till you see rheumatologist they are so good.
    Try after a couole of days to get fresh air and walks if you can and drink plenty of water I dont know if its a side effect of RA but I dehydrate so quickly and that makes it worse take care.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Jan,

just popped by to say hello and to hope that you get to see the rheummy soon so that you can get advice re the Fibro and treatment for all the symptoms you are feeling.

Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) as a lot of what you are feeling could be linked to the arther. If you can, it might be worth giving rheummy a call to find out when your appointment is.

sorry it's a bit difficult for you just now. :roll: keep your chin up.

Iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi jan

i feel unwell when I am flaring too :( i ahve a slight temperature (if you check it?) paracetamol takes this down a bit which helps.

No idea what to do abouit the exhaustion - havent solved that one myself :?

Hope you get your apt soon

Love

Toni xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Jan

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling too well. Do you think you may be having a flare up? Are you sleeping at night? Try not to worry once you've seen the Rheumy things will hopefully improve.

I don't know what else to suggest except that when you're feeling tired you should rest and try not to push yourself too much.

Take care.

Regards
    Sharmaine

weesabetty wrote:
    Hello, I am waiting to see a rheumatologist as my inflamation rate in my blood plasma was very high and my Dr no longer thinks I have Fibromyalgia,I saw a physio who seems to think it could be RA,I feel generally unwell most of the time,exhausted sometimes nauseous just not well,do any of you feel like this,I am begining to think it is something more sinister, Jan
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    I hope that you get a diagnosis. If you do have RA, you may feel better once the rheummy sorts out the correct medication for you. At least that is the positive thing that could come out of this! :wink:

Love Sue
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Jan, I have exactly the same, waiting to see the Rheumatologist in a few weeks, as I have the same symptoms as you and many others, fatigue, fybro, pain, joint pains, burning muscle pain, feel rotten. I already know I have OA, now Sjogren's and possibly RA with the recent blood test results. Lots of hugs and we will keep each other posted as to our rheumy appointments. Take care, xxxx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • weesabetty
    Options
    I have my appointment for 26th May with the rheumy but have a gynaecological appointment on 12th May to discuss some endometrial pre cancerous cells,cant wait,already been in hospital twice since September,had a bad reaction to the anasthetic the second time so really looking forward to the next time lol, will let you know the outcome, :|
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    weesabetty wrote:

hi yes felt like this for ages till admited to doc how exhausted i was and how bad life had got she sent me to rhummy and things going well now on meds good luck they can help
    val
  • weesabetty
    Options
    what meds are you on and did they take long to work,nightmare isn't it, x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    naproxen and hydroxychloroquine with co codamol when pain bad good luck takes a while to find what works for you
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi
    Good luck with the appointment. Its good that your doctor has taken this seriously, as you can have the medications you need and begin to feel a bit better! :wink:
    Love Sue