problem

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 27. Apr 2010, 10:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
feeling down hearted today , in my cul-de-sac each time I pass a certain bungaglow they call out awful names to me , I feel useless now as I cant do anything , before I would have walked up to the house and asked if they had a problem , I am sorry for troubling you all with my problems but I needed to get it of my chest.

god I hate oa :x :x :x :x :x

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    people can be so cruel at times please dont let the mindless morons wind you up they are not worth it xx they one day will get their just rewards xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Mike

You do have to do something and you still can if you want to.

You have to keep record of what is said when and by who and any witnesses you have. Then you have to inform the police and if you have it the local council.

In the mean time you have my sympathy too. Ther are some nasty people out there.

Love

toni xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Mike I'm so sorry you are going through this, some people can be very cruel. I would do what Toni said.
    Take care

Julie x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi Mike,

What is wrong with people nowadays! :x

I am sorry you are having to put up with this.

I agree with Toni's idea. Might not be what you want to do or what you would have done before but it is something you can do.

Take care

Pluggxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mike i am sorry you are going through all this. some people these days are the scum of the earth. i am glad you shared it with us you know you are not alone and you are not usless. they are jeliouse (sorry if spelt wrong) of the loving family you have, they will never get others to care for the like this and it makes them feel insicure .although i feel sorry for people like this they have no right to make you feel bad ,so do as has been said keep a record of all that goes off and get in touch with the police you do not have to put up with this childish behaviour good luck and stay strong val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Mike Hazel Mjr.
    mike try not to worry about the person as its them that has the problem not you.
    you did nothing wrong it was them.
    try and carry on passed and dont say anything wrong and then they cannot say you said anything
    if you see what i mean you've been alright talking
    to them.
    i hope that helps love to hazel and mjr.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    what muppets they are!! sorry to hear you are having to endure some idiots like that...yes, like peeps advice above keep a diary and ring your police...do you have a community police support officer who walks round who can go past now and again etc....
    also, if you are in council property etc i would have thought their harrassing behaviour breaks tenancy agreement??
    take care
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Mike

Do you know what? You are th better person by not going down to their level.
    Yes, it must be very upsetting for you, also being a man it makes you feel worse.

As suggested keep a record of it and what was was said by whom.

By saying nothing Mike shows that you are the better person. They do this to get a reaction from you, that is how they gets their laughs. By not responding to them you are in fact making them look silly.

When they see they cannot get a response from you they will stop. You will know you have beaten them, without saying a word.

I know it is tough Mike but you can do it. Your neighbours will see it is not you, it is them that are being really stupid.

If it does not stop, if you have recorded exactly was done by who and why you can get help.

I hope it stops for good Mike and soon.

Trish

I
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    This is why I don't generally have faith in people.

Mike, keep your head held high and walk right past, you are better than them and any respectable person will see that.

Hey, if you're near me I'll come around and be the witness and give them a right mouth full. If they go for me, as a haemophiliac, I bruise like a peach. It would look beautiful for the police photos and you'd never have any abuse from them again. Me, well I'd simply be a good Samaritan helping some one out but with a good black eye! ;)

Chin up. xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    i am so sorry Mike. Some people are immune to caring. I wish there was some way to educate people.They will have health issues at some point in their life and they might then have the same c**p thrown at them and realise what it is like to be on the recieving end.
    I have probs with family behind me. My son is "crazy" according to them.Whenever we go outside they come out into their garden, bounce on their trampoline to check if I am out there with my son, as they never say anything when my OH is outside.The mum is lovely but doesnt see what is going on.I find I am on edge when out in the garden nowadays.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Bloody hell Mike what a thing to have to suffer, why do people do it, it makes me really sad to think you have to put up with this kind of thing in this day and age, I don't know what you can do about it, have you been to the police?, if their in council accommodation I would have a word with them. They will have a contract & if they breach it the council will move them. Have you got anyone who is willing to support you on this?.
    I know it's worrying saying anything but what choice have you got, if you keep taking the abuse nothing will get done.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    just a thought...with recent media coverage of people being harrassed i would think the police would now a hard stand on this as i would think their procedures would have changed????
  • mike77
    Options
    the police is out of the question were I live , I will just have to bear it

thank you for reading my post

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 25. Apr 2010, 19:13
    Options
    Hi Mike

I wonder why you say that the Police are out of the question :?: This is anti-social behaviour and harrassment, so something really should be done to stop it. You should not have to bear it at all.

If you don't want to involve the Police, the best thing is to try to ignore it, as other people have said.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Mike and family

I am very sorry to read your posting. I can kind of see why you do not wish to involve the police - perhaps things are done differently where you are than here. You may also be fearful of what else may happen if they find out, you involved the police. I really feel for you. I take it there is no other way to go, to avoid them as you live in a cul de sac..

You will just have to carry on as normal, Mike and try not to let it get to you, which is very difficult as it is upsetting to say the least.

Hopefully it will blow over if you take no notice and just continue to get on with your life as you have always done, just try to think of other things when you go past and they start. They will get bored with it, if you do not retaliate as that is what they want you to do, of course. So in the end, you have got the better of them.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well said Elna.

I wonder if there are certain times in the week when you can go out and they are less likely to be around.I know you shouldnt have to alter your life around them but it would lessen the stress.
    Why do peeps have to be like this? It makes our lives so much more difficult.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    There is only one course of action for you here Mike, and that is to completely ignore them.

You are the bigger person, and have your lovely family to think of. That is probably what they covet.

Believe me, you will get to them far more by just pretending they are not there. Be sorry for them, you have everything they wish they had..........Ange.
  • mike77
    Options
    yes ange , I am just going to ignore them , I have more issuses more pressing than to listen to there silly actions.

thank you all for your kind words of support

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Mike

I hope that, at least, knowing we all care helps a bit?

I also hope the family are well and of course spike?

Love

Toni xx
  • mike77
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Mike

I hope that, at least, knowing we all care helps a bit?

I also hope the family are well and of course spike?

Love

Toni xx
    yes knowing that you all are there to listen to me is a great help.

the budgie skip is doing well he says now , wake up daddy, mike do your homework, bad girl hazel, skips a lovely boy etc etc etc ...

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Mike

Wow!! he IS chatty!!

So Mike gets told to do his homework eh??

Skip can come and tell my three to do theirs :wink:

Love to Hazel

Toni xx
  • mike77
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Mike

Wow!! he IS chatty!!

So Mike gets told to do his homework eh??

Skip can come and tell my three to do theirs :wink:

Love to Hazel

Toni xx
    Yes he is a right wee chater box , when he starts he is starting now to say daddy shut up , mike time to get up , forget it daddy, daddys in trouble , hazel always says this when she cant get me on my mobile , he is a laugh ,hazel says he is like a parrot he listens and later on through the week you can here him say things
    :lol::o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    had to fast last night , for to get my bloods for the diabetic clinc they are finding my that my kidney is abnormal , cant wait until I see them at the diabetic clinic and tell them I am having awful pains at the side of my stomach plus I can hardley go to the bathroomas all the laxitives they give me contain sugar finding one is very hard .

but skip makes me forget the pain :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike R & hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Mike

Skip is a lovely character isnt he? i remeber when you got him. So he tells on you all then?? :D:D

I also need him to get my kids out of bed in the morning too. Mind you I sent Daisy (kitten) in to the eldest this morning and it worked right enough :shock: She spiked her toes :lol:

My MIL has diabetes insulin dependant for years. She has renal problems too. She does have some medication for it and it needs to be monitored I'm sure.

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry that you are facing this. Society has deplorable standards nowadays, simply because there is no respect for others, no fear of punishment (because there isn't any) and because self-respect no longer exists. The feckless rule and don't they know it. You say the local police are not a possible avenue, what about your MP and the local press? If you fear reprisal, ask for anonymity. Contact the police though, you may be suprised. Our thoughts are with you. Dreamdaisy.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben