baby due in 5wks will RA re appear

Options
dovey1
dovey1 Member Posts: 8
edited 26. Apr 2010, 11:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I havent been on line for a while now due to becoming pregnant and my RA gong into complete remission! It has been a brill pregnancy and could quite happily take pregnancy symptoms over RA. With only 5weeks remaining i am inceasingly becoming nervous of if and when the aches and pains will return???? If anyone has a story to tell or advice to give it would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi dovey

Well i am glad you had such a good and healthy pregnancy.

i have no experience of thsi but I do know others here do - so I'll let them advise.

I just want to say good luck and I hope you let us know how you get on.
    p040.gif
    Love

Toni xx
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hiya, my baby is due on Thurs! I've been told that I will get a flare between 2 and 6 weeks after he's born. It's not been in remission during the pregnancy, only really in the last trimester. But my fibro has been playing up then so I've not really had a break.

Both rheumy and baby consultant have warned about flare but the way I see it, it will turn up when it will turn up. The docs don't know, I certainly don't know. Guess I will just roll with the punches and make sure the rheumy is prepared for me to shout help when/if I need it (which he is!).

Good luck with it all. It's my first baby so I have no clue what's going on but he certainly doesn't want to appear any time soon!!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Hiya, my baby is due on Thurs!

Hey Jen

Its ma birthday on friday :D

You are the best person to advise I reckon.

love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Good luck to Dovey and Jenzie, sorry no advice to give I have OA and have never been pregnant.

How fab Dovey that you had an arther free pregnancy. Is it the hormones that keep the arther at bay? Pity the docs can't learn from this in devising new treatments.

Jenzie - nearly there - how exciting. Let us know when we can all water the baby's head!!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Jenzie - nearly there - how exciting. Let us know when we can all water the baby's head!!

Speedalong[/quote]

Typical

any excuse for a drink :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tuppence
    tuppence Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello

I dont have RA but PA .......I had my 4th baby nine months ago ,and throughout my pregnancy my symptoms completely disappeared ....I saw my consultant at 8 mths and he did say to expect a post natal flare at about 6 weeks after birth ........It came with a vengence at 5 weeks and tbh hasnt left me yet ...However ,the good news (as I choose to see it this way ) is that I have had the best care possible,have had physio and hydrotherapy and have access to my rhem team whenever I need it ,also as this is my 4th Child (i have 4 under 13 and am bringing them up alone ) alot of my flaring could in fact be due to this and the constantness of having 4 kids if that makes sense .....so ,if you have a good support network around you and can get plenty of rest and the right treatment on board I think all should be fine .

I think also if you expect it ,its never as bad as it seems ....and you never know ,it might not happen at all !!!!

Good luck with your new baby xxxxxxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi dovey1
    I am so glad you have had an easy pregnancy, ,another forum baby how lovely, please keep us posted has to how you are doing.
    Good luck
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Just to wish you and the baby a safe and happy birth. :) I hope that you find the RA will not be as bad as you think.

Good Luck!!! :D

Lots of love Sue xxxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My R.A reappeared about 2 weeks after daughter was born.It was a lot more severe than I had ever had previously.I was not warned or prepared for such severe symptoms. Having just changed doctor and consultants I suffered in silence until my appointment about 3 months later and it was enough time to get a total grip on my body. So be prepared with an appointment as soon after baby is born or at least a promise they will see you without delay if you start to show increased R.A symptoms.
    Lets hope you will be okay.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Dovey,

Really hope it doesn't come back too fast or too bad. Glad you have had it go into remission and good luck and thanks for letting us know and you take care of your self. Hey come and tell us when you have your baby please. Cris x
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    dovey1 wrote:
    I havent been on line for a while now due to becoming pregnant and my RA gong into complete remission! It has been a brill pregnancy and could quite happily take pregnancy symptoms over RA. With only 5weeks remaining i am inceasingly becoming nervous of if and when the aches and pains will return???? If anyone has a story to tell or advice to give it would be very much appreciated.

TBH you won't know until or even if !!! it happens, just be prepared and don't worry about it too much (you don't need the stress)

My RA didn't go away when i was pregnant, it actually got worse towards the end due to the weight of the big fat lump of a baby i was carrying :wink: which isn't much use for you but what i will say is that although I was quiet poorly it is absolutely amazing what you can actually do.

I coped and have a wonderful (if a little tiring) toddler to show for it. Get support from your family, health visitor, rheumy etc, then if you need it it'll be there, if not great!

good luck and let us know how you get on
    Chrissie