Asthma

Options
shezza
shezza Member Posts: 39
edited 1. May 2010, 13:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
i had soft tissue rheumatism confirmed about two years ago and now drs thinks i may have asthma .Does anyone have asthma and did they start with it since being diagnosed with a form of Arthritis?Thanks in advance for your replies

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i dont have asthma but family members do..asthma uk are absolutely brilliant if you want help.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, my asthma was diagnosed after my mum died, before I was diagnosed with RA, luckily though the asthma is well controlled so I don't have to worry about it, Asthma UK very good love Jaspercatxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I was diagnosed with late-onset asthma about 3 years after my original diagnosis of PMR.

Until the last few months it has been the least of my problems, being well managed by the Chest Clinic here. However, since a severe chest infection triggered off a lot of problems in January I'm now due to have a meds review as soon as possible. That may well be not for some time as we are moving house shortly.

Annie
  • malteaser
    malteaser Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi

I've had Asthma since childhood, it's kept mainly under control with inhalers and medication, a trigger that's very noticeable that the changes in weather set it up

As also mentioned asthma uk is a good forum to find further information.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Never known life without it. It nearly killed me three times in childhood because there was no treatment - this was back in the 60s. Treatments now are superb. Use your meds as prescribed and inhale properly. I don't even think about it. It's no big deal. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mightymam
    mightymam Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I am 31 and have had asthma since I was 7. Since sorting my food allergies out 6 years ago it has been controlled by inhalers. However I was diagnosed with RA 7 weeks ago and 4 weeks ago noticed that my asthma was starting to bother me again. When I asked the asthma nurse at the doctors she said that it could be the ibruphen i was taking. As ibruphen and asprin can make asthma worse. If you are on ibruphen for your arthritis it may be that. It might be worth checking this with your doctor.
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    I too have late onset asthma and cant take ibuprofen because it does set my asthma off. It causes loads of probems when my OA flares up so now can't take any anti inflamatories. :( Just means it takes longer fo my arthitis to settle down and have to rely on co codamol for pain relief, which is ok most of the time but not when things are really bad. Hope you feel better soon, best wishes, Brenda :D:D:D
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I had childhood asthma that disappeared but reappeared when I started taking anti-inflammatories for my arthritis. I've been put on a steroid inhaler, which has controlled my asthma and meant I didn't have to come off celebrex. I was really glad because it helps my arthritis so much. Some people with asthma can tolerate anti-inflammatory drugs but, unfortunately some can't.