2»

Comments

• wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    bevman wrote:
    wynnie wrote:
    hi there just got into this and im hoping for some helpful advice before i try etanercept,ive been reading lots today and im not sure, this is the second time ive been advised to go on it and im still undecided, any advice would be welcome hospital waiting for the nod from me too proceed.other name for this is enbrel and its an anti tnf

Hi Wynnie i have been on enbrel for over twelve months i was put on it after i was taken into hospital with a really bad flare up of my RA they could not controll the RA i was also on sulph,mtx,predesalone and a number of pain killers.
    i had read about embrel and maybe i was expecting it to be a miricle cure i think it has helped but not as good as i thought it would i am still on the enbrel and also mtx injections although this has caused me to have some problems with my liver.
    like people have already said what works for one person might not work for another but i was put on it because it was the safest one for me because i have kidney problems .
    hope this helps but at the end of the day it is your decision and what you feel is best for you.

take care laurence :D
    hi laurence,its a merry go round all this drug carry on,wish they would invent something for arthritis that wasnt a cancer drug or a drug that was for something else ,i am lucky that i havent been that bad ive had to go into hospital but ive been near it a few times,i think if i came to that i would just have to try what they gave me ,my doctor thinks ive deep psychi probs with side effects and she may be right ,why give myself more probs than i already have ,at least my way im in control,no doubt one day i wont be but hope its a while away, take care wynnie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If you don't try, you won't find out. If you don't try, you never improve. Success is buried in the garden of failure. I'm still digging. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wynnie
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If you don't try, you won't find out. If you don't try, you never improve. Success is buried in the garden of failure. I'm still digging. Dreamdaisy
    im still going to wait and will try someday when ive no option,wish i could do a proper gardening like i used to :( however a wee pottering around will do ,im off to bed for a wee read before i conk out,one of these days i wont be that tired i can read a full chapter i live in hope!!!! take care have a nice peaceful night a new day awaits thats my wish for us all deep peaceful un troubled sleep :roll: wynniex
  • wynnie
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello. I went to the hospital today for my meth stabbing and they told me to hold off until next Tuesday for the humira. That's fine for them as they wander about with no aches and pains - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I shouldn't moan about the staff 'cos generally they are pretty good. They have a few patients who are on weekly humira and I thought I could join that gang for a week, but no.

My blood boiled yesterday when I read in the paper that heroin should be given to addicts on the NHS. People choose addiction, as far as I'm concerned. I didn't choose to have arthritis - that choice was made by my parents and their crappy genes. I wonder how much of 'do your humira next week' was based on expense? These are expensive drugs and I'm on my third type of anti TNF. Change of topic - do you like my daisy? Rehab44 told me what to do! Dreamdaisy
    if heroin is given free to addicts i for one will be starting a petition,im sick waiting in chemists for my medication and them on the methidone waltz in and get taken before everyone regardless how long you have been waiting or how ill you are its high time something was done too many do gooders in this world all for the wrong folks !!!!!!! wynnie
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    |HI wynnie
    I had no relief from taking Enbrel but several of my Tai Chi group got virtually instant relief with it in just a few weeks. It has changed their lives. One came out of her wheelchair and another no longer needs to use a stick. I am on my 3rd biologic and touch wood have not had any ill health as a result of them (noty that they have worked for me either). I am also on MTX with no adverse affects except the day I take it.
    Have another talk with your rheumy and discuss the possiblity(or reality ) of damage to joints before delaying the treatment.

Good luck whatever you decide

Theresa x :)
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • wynnie
    Options
    theresa4 wrote:
    |HI wynnie
    I had no relief from taking Enbrel but several of my Tai Chi group got virtually instant relief with it in just a few weeks. It has changed their lives. One came out of her wheelchair and another no longer needs to use a stick. I am on my 3rd biologic and touch wood have not had any ill health as a result of them (noty that they have worked for me either). I am also on MTX with no adverse affects except the day I take it.
    Have another talk with your rheumy and discuss the possiblity(or reality ) of damage to joints before delaying the treatment.

Good luck whatever you decide

Theresa x :)
    hi theresa,guess im my own worst enemy ,i seem to take a reaction to everything i take ie tramadol and amtryptaline give me splitting sore heads ,meloxicam and other anti inflams give me terrible stomach ache,im very sensitive to medications i get very sleepy as well with some ,so just for now i will try and hang out the time till i have too.mtx made me very flu like and so tired i thought id been given a sedative,thats fine if you have nothing to do but i couldnt drive i felt like i had the jitters,thanks for your input though im very grateful,i had it spelt out by doctor about delaying im on sulfasalazine though and it seems to have no adverse effects as yet i got it upped to eight a day so will see how i go with that im off to bed now as im pooped thanks again wynniex
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's time we left you alone, poor you, we all keep saying try it, try it, try it. My apologies and I promise not to say it again. You have decided and good for you. You know we're here for support and encouragement.

Regarding the toilet issue, I also bought a raised toilet seat from a disabled equipment shop. This was something that you could fit to the bowl and I take it away with me when we go away. Our very best friends also bought one for me so that when we go to their house it's already there and I don't have to wander in with my black bin bag of bog seat. That's friendship! Have a thrilling Thursday. Dreamdaisy
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello. I went to the hospital today for my
    meth stabbing and they told me to hold off until next Tuesday for the humira. That's fine for them as they wander about with no aches and pains - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I shouldn't moan about the staff 'cos generally they are pretty good. They have a few patients who are on weekly humira and I thought I could join that gang for a week, but no.

My blood boiled yesterday when I read in the paper that heroin should be given to addicts on the NHS. People choose addiction, as far as I'm concerned. I didn't choose to have arthritis - that choice was made by my parents and their crappy genes. I wonder how much of 'do your humira next week' was based on expense? These are expensive drugs and I'm on my third type of anti TNF. Change of topic - do you like my daisy? Rehab44 told me what to do! Dreamdaisy

Belated reply - sorry Dreamdaisy.

So sorry you have to wait for your Humira. I wish I could send you my, now not going to be used supply, so you could keep it in reserve. It's awful to think that it will now just be destroyed, rather than used for someone else.

And yes I do like your daisy - very pretty!

Tilly X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks Tillytop, what a lovely thought. I missed a dose 'cos the pen didn't fire properly - I posted 'did my humira jab work' 'cos that had never happened before. I thought they'd tell me to take it this week instead but no. I am gradually shutting down, not helped by falling either. Never mind, things will brighten next Tuesday when I do it. They'd better do, anyway! Dreamdaisy
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thanks Tillytop, what a lovely thought. I missed a dose 'cos the pen didn't fire properly - I posted 'did my humira jab work' 'cos that had never happened before. I thought they'd tell me to take it this week instead but no. I am gradually shutting down, not helped by falling either. Never mind, things will brighten next Tuesday when I do it. They'd better do, anyway! Dreamdaisy

Hello again - so roll on Tuesday eh? Take care in the meantime. love Tillyx
  • wynnie
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It's time we left you alone, poor you, we all keep saying try it, try it, try it. My apologies and I promise not to say it again. You have decided and good for you. You know we're here for support and encouragement.

Regarding the toilet issue, I also bought a raised toilet seat from a disabled equipment shop. This was something that you could fit to the bowl and I take it away with me when we go away. Our very best friends also bought one for me so that when we go to their house it's already there and I don't have to wander in with my black bin bag of bog seat. That's friendship! Have a thrilling Thursday. Dreamdaisy
    thanks for your support ,just back from the pictures with my young brother,we went to see iron man 2 ,very good ,but my knees were killing me ,and rip off isnt a joke £24 for two tickets to get in one pop corn one juice and a few sweets no wonders folk download pirate movies if they made it cheaper more folk would go ,however ive been and im back to relax and read another chapter in my book,it takes me so long now as i get too tired ,i used to could read over a few nights and have another one started ,them days are gone ,hope your all fine today wynniex