dla

Options
vikki30
vikki30 Member Posts: 20
edited 26. Apr 2010, 16:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi

has anyone with inflammatory arthritus been awarded mobility or been given a blue badge? i applied but was refused. People keep telling me to appeal as they often refuse on the first application. Do you have to get mobility to get a blue badge as this would be a great help to me as i get severe pains in my knees when walking.

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, in theory you can get a blue badge without high rate DLA mobility - but can be a caper - as I'm currently experiencing. I don't claim DLA - so can't advise on it. CAB are good at helping with the forms.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • cheshirefay
    cheshirefay Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I think that most people get turned down and have to appeal . It is important to get some help with filling the form in so if you have not already try the C A B or a disability agency for help with your appeal.

You can get a badge without Dla if your Gp will support you(unless things have changed) but if you get high rate mobility this entitles you to a blue badge.

Dont be put off by being turned down , I thnk that is what they are hoping for!! it is hard to get Dla but persistance pays off.
    Good luck
    Fay x
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    vikki30 wrote:
    hi

has anyone with inflammatory arthritus been awarded mobility or been given a blue badge? i applied but was refused. People keep telling me to appeal as they often refuse on the first application. Do you have to get mobility to get a blue badge as this would be a great help to me as i get severe pains in my knees when walking.
    i have a blue badge and get mobility but had to go via an appeal ,got there in the end so keep trying it should be automatic for all arthritis sufferers