How many more tablets......

Options
fourferrets
fourferrets Member Posts: 44
edited 27. Apr 2010, 06:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
....before I rattle when I walk?

Had my Rheumy appt today (first one for 2 years!)
Appt was @ 3pm, all done by 4pm :) That included x-rays, blood being taken and seeing the rheumatologist.
On top of the MTX and Naproxen I have now been prescribed Leflunomide.

I have permanent damage to at least one finger (nothing I didn't know there!) another is on it's way. I may be getting steroids injected into those. Have to see OT about the clicky, sticky finger. Have to return every 3 weeks for bloods.
The nodule on my elbow that is shrinking was probably a cyst. The lump in my throat is probably a cyst too and I am being booked in for an ultrasound scan.
Apart from all that everything's fine :)

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sounds like a productive visit then?!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Fourferrets,

Sounds like they are helping you there? I hope it does all calm it down for you and good luck with the results of the ultrasound. Did they give you an idea how long you will have to wait at all? Glad the cysts are going and hopefully it will all be brought under control soon for you. Its a lot to take in and well tablets they don't seem to ever get too much less but its ok as long as they work I guess. keep us posted please? Cris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    ....before I rattle when I walk?

Had my Rheumy appt today (first one for 2 years!)
    Appt was @ 3pm, all done by 4pm :) That included x-rays, blood being taken and seeing the rheumatologist.
    On top of the MTX and Naproxen I have now been prescribed Leflunomide.

I have permanent damage to at least one finger (nothing I didn't know there!) another is on it's way. I may be getting steroids injected into those. Have to see OT about the clicky, sticky finger. Have to return every 3 weeks for bloods.
    The nodule on my elbow that is shrinking was probably a cyst. The lump in my throat is probably a cyst too and I am being booked in for an ultrasound scan.
    Apart from all that everything's fine :)

Hi

Just wanted to wish you Good Luck with the steroid injections into the joints in your fingers.

I had it done not too long ago. It is not too bad to have done they numb your fingers in case you did not know.

Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Fourferrets

What is that rattling sound??

A very productive vist then?? Were they on time at that time of the day?? if so where is your clinic? Maybe i can travel..... :wink:

Good luck with the new mmeds and teh steroid jabs my MIL has has them and she said they were very good - worked for her alright. She has had both hands done.

Well done

Toni xx
  • fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Ah, if they numb the fingers best not ride the bike there then lol.

Weston Super Mare is the place to be :)

Though I have been there with a teen with a broken arm and the wait for x-rays then was a few hours! (Long enough for her Mum to come up from Cardiff anyways !)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Oh well

Weston Super mare is a bit far from the midlands isn't it? :wink:

Ideally get someone to take you rather than go on your bike :shock:

then you can relax on the way home and giv it the best chance to work.

Love

Toni xx