Ultrasound today

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 27. Apr 2010, 10:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I'm off to the hospital this afternoon for my ultrasound. It shouldn't take too long, but I suppose as usual I'll have to wait a bit, never mind, my husband is coming with me to do the driving.

I don't suppose that I'll know anything today, so its just a case of a quick in and out job. I've not had the results of any of the tests they have done recently, I asked my GP and she said that the hospital hadn't written yet. She thinks they will wait until they've finished everything they want to do and then write one long report. The trouble with test are that you don't get to see the doctor who ordered them, just the technicians and they can't tell you much. Also I'm too impatient I think :shock:

I hope that something positive will come out of this so that I can just cope the best way. My big fear is that they will not find anything and then just write it off as neurotic woman syndrome1 :mrgreen:

Sorry, I'm off on one again! When I do this with my husband he looks at me with a glazed expression in his eyes, which means 'here we go again' and patientlly says 'Stop imagaining things and get on with life, you'll know soon enough'. He is good really, and does such a lot, but I think he gets fed up the 10th time in an evening, I've told him what it could be as I've seen it on the internet!!! :wink: Poor Love!

I'll let you know how I get on.
Love Sue

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Hopefully they will be on time and get you done and out again asap. Fingers crossed that they do. I don't know if asking them can they see anything would give you an idea? Technically they can't say but sometimes they will say its bot showing anything or it looks possible depending on how they feel at answering.......

Hey now you know the internet isn't always right! Hell when I first looked up something it wasn't the right site and basically said I had months to live...... well I'm not dead yet :lol::lol::lol: Good luck and glad your hubby is going with and doing the driving for you. Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi sue

I will be thinking of you this afternoon. I think you are right - they will get all the results together before they draw any conclusions.

My worst fear is always that they will find nothing wrong and think I am a hypochondriac too :shock: I know your fears. Let's hope that naything they do find is treatable and the treatment is effective.

use us to talk to if hubby has had enough! We understand and wont 'glaze over' :wink:

Good luck Sue

Love

Toni xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Good luck, let us know how you got on.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've had a few ultrasounds and the operator has always been good at telling me what's there, whilst making it clear they're not diagnosing me. Good luck. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben