ARCOXIA - positive?

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 27. Apr 2010, 17:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have posted a few times recently complaining of pain stiffness general feeling of being unwell. As well as my rheumy not being particularly helpful etc etc....the list goes on.
Well, at my last appointment he suggested I try Arcoxia instead of the celecoxib.
I have been on for about 2 weeks now and I feel really good.
I am still very stiff in the mornings and get all the usualy symptoms but not half as bad as it was and am already thinknig about getting back t the gym ebcause my energy levels are increasing too and I am also reducing my prednisalone which I havent been able to do for a long timea nd well as drop the lyrica completely as I felt it was helping me sleep more than helping pain is for the wrong reasons I guess.
Has anyone else taken this and felt so good????

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bailey

I have arcoxia too.

No good if you smoke heavily or have ahistorfy of heart problems i think, but I really like it and think it does work.

Hope it keeps working for you too :)

Love

Toni xx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

Glad to hear it's working for you. Didn't do much for me, I'm afraid. Also, I had taste alterations with it - chocolate and wine tasted overwhelmingly sweet! I had friends on diets begging me to let them have some!

Lois x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Bailey

I am an advocate of Arcoxia. :D I was taking Diclo which was fine for a couple of years but then started to get gut discomfort. I have been taking 2 Arcoxia daily and more recently with a stomach protector but only since my TKR in January - was suggested by my gp when I was on meds to stop DVT for two weeks. I only take one Arcoxia now and that is working for me fine. I tried without any but after 48 hours I realised that I cannot live without them, because the aches and pains in my lower back, hands and shoulder came back with a vengeance, tried one and wonder why I never thought of experimenting with them before :idea: :lol:

So relieved to hear a more positive post from you. From an oldie, please do not try to run before you can walk, if you know what I mean. Please dont overdo it, boring though that is as I well know :wink::)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi elna

thought you were on it too :D

It was the only thing that touched my jaw pain earlier this year...

Glad it's helping you too :D

Toni xx
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi thanks for that. I wonder why it wasnt prescribed earlier though. I have felt really good for just over a week now and have already reduced my prednisalone by 5mg.
    I hope it lasts because I am now able to get a lot more done through the day that usual.
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

It's great to hear you have found something that is working for you as I know you have been having a rough time of it of late :D

Hope you keep well from here on in

Arna x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Bailey, I have taken arcoxia for OA for many years - it works for me, (until my hip got so bad - it was the only med I took.) I'm at my best in the morning - and get worse as the arcoxia wears off. On the odd occasion that I have forgotten to take it - boy do I quickly start to feel the difference.

GP more recently added in omprazole - new guidelines evidently.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.