I'm normal!!!!

robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 1. May 2010, 04:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well let me re-phrase that........

My inflamation markers are...............

My ESR and CRP hit maximums well into the 100's

162 for CRP and 148 for ESR.....

Over the last few months, apart from the odd hiccup, they've slowly gone down......

Got my monthly blood results today.........ESR was 3 and CRP 6........

According to nurse thats within normal boundaries........

So Methotrexate does work.............???

Rob x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Rob
    That is brilliant news, how dose it feel being normal :) I really hope this carrys on for you, it give hopes to so many.
    You take care of yourself and dont go overdoing things, but most of all enjoy being normal.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    That is great news Rob, hope meds continue to keep you "normal."

Great to hear a success story.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Rob, Great news! Mine have come down too. Its great when you get some good news for a change. Hope all goes well for you. Lv, Ix
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    That's great news Rob :D:D

hope the Mtx continues to be so effective. With the inflam markers so well down.....how do the joints feel?

Iris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello
    Thats really good news for you!!! :D Nice someone on here is normal! :mrgreen::lol::lol: Love Sue
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    brilliant news! :D:D:D:D

it always gives me cause to celebrate on the occasional weeks that my results have some 'normals' amongst them ...... you must be so pleased to see such positive results.

hope it carries on for you
    hugs
    WOnky xx
  • robertls
    dorcas wrote:
    That's great news Rob :D:D

hope the Mtx continues to be so effective. With the inflam markers so well down.....how do the joints feel?

Iris x

I'm trying to 'do' things.........probably to much, and for too long....

SO they ache at the end of the day.........but its a good ache..

Does that make sense.....well it does to me....

Got to build muscle up now..........can't put right the damage already done...but hopefully slow down the future.....

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Congrats Robertis! Mine too were in the upper hundreds. Stayed there with meth but with one dose of humira fell to 1 and 5. Still roughly in that area but pain levels still astronomical and still can't walk without crutches. It's odd not having knees the size of watermelons and boiling hot to boot.

I'm so pleased that the meth has worked for you. Keep well! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    That's fantastic! :D I'm so glad the medication is working for you. Are you feeling better because of it?

We all like to hear the positive stories. :wink:
  • robertls
    princess01 wrote:
    That's fantastic! :D I'm so glad the medication is working for you. Are you feeling better because of it?

We all like to hear the positive stories. :wink:

I still need 2 sticks to walk..............hips are always very sore.......and elbows as well.............
    Stairs are a nightmare....all the usual stuff is still there..

Do I feel better............Oh yes........

I really struggled when I started Mtx...........I had every ''bad'' reaction in the book.......and added a couple I think...
    I wondered if the cure was worse than the illness...........and on many many occassions thought of stopping MTX..........
    But with masses of support from my GP...and family and friends, I carried on..................

And the results have justified all the issues I went through.........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Rob, it is so great to hear the word 'normal' isn't it! Congrats!

I've just changed rheumy's. The last one I had (he was my rheumy for 25 years) didn't hold much store by blood tests, so I never knew anything about these until I joined this forum. My new rheumy is totally the opposite and the first thing she did when meeting me was to arrange a barage of blood tests.

Got the results yesterday and don't understand most of them but the ones that stood out were the esr of 8 and crp of 4 with a 'normal' next to it. Was sooooo chuffed!

Lois x
  • robertls
    wibberley wrote:
    Rob, it is so great to hear the word 'normal' isn't it! Congrats!

I've just changed rheumy's. The last one I had (he was my rheumy for 25 years) didn't hold much store by blood tests, so I never knew anything about these until I joined this forum. My new rheumy is totally the opposite and the first thing she did when meeting me was to arrange a barage of blood tests.

Got the results yesterday and don't understand most of them but the ones that stood out were the esr of 8 and crp of 4 with a 'normal' next to it. Was sooooo chuffed!

Lois x

Well done you.........Yer the word 'Normal' has risen in my list fo favourite words...........

I don't think, without my GP, that I would have got through the last 12 months..............

Words cannot really express what I owe to that Lady.....

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Rob
    So so glad for you! As the others have said it's really great to hear positive news! Hope the new found "normal" continues :D
    Tilly :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Rob
    If your symptoms start to return they will be on the ball and you might need humira etc. So dont get downhearted as their is hope even beyond this stage. Keep an eye on your hip pain as that may be damage. Hope I am not a party pooper but that is what happened to me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Rob,

That's brilliant news, Mtx works for me too and in the end it's worth the initial side effects to get an end result. The best thing I find is that the terrible morning stiffness has all but gone (it's still comes back on the odd bad day :roll: ) so moving about first thing is not the nightmare it used to be. (Sorry that's not meant to gloat over those of you who still suffer from it :oops: )

Long may you continue to do well on it.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    rob that great news it gives you a buz when it shows it working keep up the good work .
    val
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hi Rob

Delighted to hear that your CRP and ESR levels are now normal on methotrexate... I am really obsessed with knowing my results and it always cheers me up tremendously when they are low ... I think methotrexate is great, but those first 12 months are very hard .. Hopefully, you mobility will improve over the forthcoming months too..

best wishes

Marion
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Rob,

Thats great news.

Long may your return to 'normality' continue :)

Jackie x